Completed: Benledi Cargo-Liner, Revell

First Name
Tony
There aren't a great number of cargo ship models made and I couldn't resist buying this old Revell kit. The 1:480 scale kit was first released by Revell G.B. when they had design and manufacturing in Potters Bar.
The full sized vessel was built for Ben Lines by Charles Connell of Glasgow in 1965. In the 1970s she was sold to an Italian company and named, Da Noli (Revell Germany kit). She then had a number of owners until being wrecked in a cyclone off Bangladesh in 1987. Pirates stripped her and and she was finally broken up in 1990. Seems a sad end for such a good looking ship.
Thanks for the help and comments during the build.

Benledi (43).JPGBenledi (35e).jpgBenledi (40).JPGBenledi (39).JPGBenledi Box (1).JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
'An Oldie, but Goodie'
Very neat paintwork work and an all round, excellent result.
Nice one, Tony.

Ron

First Name
Tony
Thanks for all the good comments (and likes) about the model, it is very much appreciated.

Chris, if I was still building r/c models, this one would be lovely one to scale up and sail.

Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks for all the good comments (and likes) about the model, it is very much appreciated.

Chris, if I was still building r/c models, this one would be lovely one to scale up and sail.

Tony
YES it would Tony would be a fab model in about 1.72 scale about 6ft long i rekon
but we can always dream cant we ?
chris