Completed... Flt. Sgt. Ray Holmes, 504 Sqn. 'Dornier Splitting over London' 15 Sept. 1940

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ron, I can't stop chuckling at the thought of your apprentice chucking the four items at the precise angle and distances everytime. Its either that or you had 16 cameras to capture that one same perfect collision. We used to have half baked props just enough for our shoots and relied on camera and photoshop to achieve ad shots. Kudos to you. I'd have you as my prop maker anytime...saves a lot of time. Great photos, I particularly like image 14 and 15 as most likely taken from another Dornier in formation. But then again this was an off course flight on auto pilot. :smiling2:...hhmmm auto pilot :thinking: you had them fitted secretly? :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
u keep raising the bar with yr efforts ron .... if there was olympics for dios, imagination, realism and execution thereof u would win!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What to write?
No typed words would ever be enough to express my amazement at the positive and very flattering response from my friends on the forum to my model.

I know there is one fairly new member on here who used to regularly post nice comments on my stuff, but now, for reasons best known to him, wouldn't touch anything to do with me with a barge pole, so your kind comments more than make up for it.

Just to remind folks, there is no crafty photoshop nonsense nor superimposing the images. Such things to me are science fiction! Obviously, the wife and son chucking stuff about is a load of bo****ks and made up just for a bit of fun when I posted my finished Lancaster Bomber. Likewise the suggested use by me of millions of cameras all going off together.:upside: Just one camera used....

Si. Yes, much to the wife's annoyance, the skins are still getting a hammering!

Anyway, thank you all so much for the great posts. I loved every one of them..... :thumb2:

Cheers folks.

Ron (with a stupid, inane and immovable grin on his mush!)

Last edited:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
The mental image of a camera rig to make the Wachowski brothers/sisters envious and a family involved enough in your hobby to humour you by throwing stuff in the air is too good, so i'll ignore one of the paragraphs above if you don't mind.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Si. Yes, much to the wife's annoyance, the skins are still getting a hammering!

Good for you, nothing like taking out frustrations by smashing those skins...better than smashing up ya models.

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Wonderful creation & fascinating story - thanks for sharing. Always enjoy learning about these small traumatic moments in time.
Well done on this!
MikeTheKiwi

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific comments chaps!
All profoundly embarrassing, but very, very nice to read. I'm so glad you all like the model.

Thank you.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave and Jack.
Thank you both for your excellent posts.

Roll on Christmas, Dave!

Ron