Completed... Flt. Sgt. Ray Holmes, 504 Sqn. 'Dornier Splitting over London' 15 Sept. 1940

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Apologies been away camping somewhere with no mobile reception - I loved it but the kids hated it - hence the late reply.

Brilliantly executed and a true work of art!

'nuff said!

ATB

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Dave, Andrew and Bob. Great posts.... :thumb2:

I was thinking more on the lines of sponge/brush applied cosmetics rather than roll-on deodorants, but if that's what you want ....

Listen squirt (See wot I wrote there?). I was writing a gentle reminder. My wife bought me some 'Christmas' roll-on deodorant last year at Chrizzy time, it smelt of best draught beer and was gorgeous.....Large size please!

Thanks again chaps.

Ron

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just seen this one Ron , been off the radar for a bit , drank some dodgy homemade gin and lost a week or so ;):smiling5:.
seriously , ive been so busy at work I havent had any time to check up on the forum , nevermind get to the bench so ive missed a s**tload of stuff on here . The coming together is simply stunning , the quality of the scratchery and composition and execution of the photographs is unbelievable , superb skills . Long may your amazing scenes continue matey , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yo, Mucker!
Thanks ever so much for the great comments. Me, happy bunny!

So sorry to read of your 'Misfortune' I hope a trip to hospital to be stirrup pumped wasn't required?

Ivor Gynneri

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Was at RAF Museum Hendon yesterday - and read the report on this "incident" - remembered that you'd been working on it. Apparently after bailing out the pilot "landed in a dustbin".

This is awesome work and probably deserves to be in one of the better museums so a wider audience can see it.

Mark

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the compliment Mark.

I'm glad you like the model.

There are certainly quite a few variations as to what actually happened. Whatever is the truth, Ray Holmes was a brave young man - As they all were, men and women, during the B.O.B.

Thanks again.
Ron

Reactions: JR

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's funny how people note where they landed. Al Deere was shot down and apparently landed (by parachute I hasten to add) in a 'plum tree'.

I do know of one pilot (Sgt Alan Deller, 43 Squadron) who didn't fancy landing in trees and in an effort to steer his parachute simply spilled enough air to ensure a very heavy landing in the very trees he was attempting to avoid. He seriously injured his back, causing him problems for the rest of his life.

They had almost no parachute training.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Ron,

Here I was thinking this got put on the back burner after the London scene painting. Absolutely phenomenal job Sir!!! The Guinness must have been really flowing to get so many wonderful pics. I have never seen so much great "chucking up" since I tended bar in my mother's place years ago. Really stunning, good old fashion moggeling Sir!!!!

Prost
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant and highly amusing post, Allen

Thank you.
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I say 570 that's a cracking set of snaps you've taken there. Great work by the current Mrs Ron with her throwing abilitys. Certainly has all the hall marks of a composition by you . Congratulations sir
Ivor leggless.
Moscow.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453, Steve and David. thank you all for your most excellent posts.... :thumb2:

453, I'll pass on your praise regarding the present Mrs. Ron's chucking ability.

........I don't know how much more you've got in the tank but let's all hope it never runs out . Dave

Amen to that, Mr. Lovell! ;)

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is simply amazing work Ron. I hope you know I loose sleep at night trying to figure out how you set up this photography :smiling:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Steve and Ralph.

This is simply amazing work Ron. I hope you know I loose sleep at night trying to figure out how you set up this photography :smiling:

Don't loose any sleep Steve. It's just chuckability, a bit of levitation and a ton of luck. - Certainly no photoshop 'trickery'

Thanks again for your positive comments, boys.... :thumb2:

Your servant.
Lord Snowdon (Dec.)