Completed Frostgrave 28mm Skeletons

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Attached are pictures of my completed 28mm Frostgrave Skeletons. These come as multipart plastic kits ad were great fun to paint.....
First up, the reanimated shades of some ancient rangers, owing their allegiance to the Queen, they were tasked with guarding her parks and gardens...
P1040521.JPG
….and the back....
P1040522.JPG
Next up, the Hearthguard of the great Lord Don.....Lorrimar, Wee Billy, Big Jack with Norman by his side, and Sniffer....
P1040523.JPG
and lastly, some Northern mercenaries from the land of Whyayee...led by theier legendary leader Sue Permack….
P1040525.JPG
P1040526.JPG
Finally, one for scale....
P1040532.JPG
Hope you like them.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Ralph, I appreciate the support....there are certainly some good plastic figures out there these days....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work tim , great painting especially at such a small scale, cheers tony

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you posting your work again Tim. Luvin your figures. They certainly look a mean bunch. Many thanks for sharing

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Tony, funnily, I think of these as quite big LOL....have a look at the 15mm figures for “small”.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Steve. I actually posted some Romano and some Celts not that long ago....takes time to finish ‘em....these were probably two to three hours each, except for Wee Billy, he took longer to base....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Neil, it’s easier at this scale, you can cheat more ;)

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi brilliant work sir there a lot of detail in these figures and have bought it all out so well, love the colours to.
Top job.
Pete.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Peter, it’s honestly easier than the scale you work in, plenty of places to hide the mistakes......

Thanks Pete, the colours are nicked from football teams. My gaming mate is a big QPR fan, so they had to go in. I support the mighty Leeds, so natural choice there, and your Toons reminded me of Newcastle, so that was the third choice. It was also a lot easier than freehanding twelve different shields.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Andy. Consistency is attained by adopting a production line approach.....something along the lines of “It’s Monday so I will be painting armour.....”.

D

Deleted member 7181

I see that with my lad when he's batch painting an army. He started off completing one figure at a time then realised it was much easier to do one colour/area on all of them at once.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fabulous paintwork Tim, they look great. So much detail in such a small scale. Awesome
Can’t help but think about the Harryhausen animations in Jason and the Argonauts.

Cheers
P

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow the fading are excellent and the contrast of the tunic color and shields contrast really good with the bones..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Paul, thanks for the compliments. My gaming mate said the same thing Ref appearance....if you want any that are closer to Harryhausen, try Xyston miniatures, they are more Greek in appearance.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Greg, very kind of you to say so. The bones were done with Zenital painting using three colours and an airbrush. They we’re finalised by drybrushing a high highlight to pick out the texture. The rest of the clothing and armour were then painted over the top of this....