Completed... GTR-1 USS Oxford 1/700 Spy Ship Convertion from a Pit-Road Liberty ship.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Most excellent result Richard, certainly one to be proud of :thumb2: :thumb2:
The owner will very happy me thinks:smiling4:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Most excellent result Richard, certainly one to be proud of :thumb2: :thumb2:
The owner will very happy me thinks:smiling4:
Thanks Fernando, ya he settled the payment just on the pictures alone before arrival which was a good surprise. Good thing I sent it off before the regrets of not keeping it set in. I am already missing it. :crying:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year Richard. Hope you and yours had a great festive period. I really did enjoy watching this build come together. Its been an absolute joy. The finished article is up there with the best of your work. One to be proud of mate

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve and a very Happy New Year to you and family. Glad you enjoyed the build as much as I did building it. One of my fastest in terms of detailing...surprised me. It will be bonkers if there was an actual kit of this out there to save all the trouble. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard, sincerest apologies. I somehow missed the set of completed pictures. As I said many times before this really is a truly outstanding build and a testament to your skills as a modeller.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Toby and Andrew, no worries if you've just found the thread. For Toby there is the link to the WIP on the first page of this post if you want to see how it was built. The build was most challenging and interesting for me and I am quite satisfied by its outcome. :smiling4:

Cheers,
Richard

Last edited: