Completed Karl and wagons pictures

N

noble

Hi all this the completed trumpeter Morser Karl Gerat and wagons this is the completed project which will be attached to the Kreigslocomotive. this was painted using tamiya acrylics oils and humbrol sprays, as usual all comments are welcome be they good or bad and i hope you like it.

scott:exercise2:

View attachment 31456

View attachment 31457

View attachment 31458

View attachment 31459

View attachment 31460

View attachment 31461

View attachment 31462

View attachment 31463

View attachment 31464

View attachment 31465

View attachment 31466

View attachment 31467

View attachment 31468

View attachment 31469

View attachment 31470

View attachment 31471

View attachment 31472

View attachment 31473

View attachment 31474

Karl and wagons 7.jpg

Karl and wagons 9.jpg

Karl and wagons 10.jpg

Karl and wagons 2.jpg

Karl and wagons 1.jpg

Karl and wagons 8.jpg

Karl and wagons 5.jpg

Karl and wagons 20.jpg

Karl and wagons 15.jpg

Karl and wagons 4.jpg

Karl and wagons 3.jpg

Karl and wagons 12.jpg

Karl and wagons 13.jpg

Karl and wagons 6.jpg

Karl and wagons 11.jpg

Karl and wagons 18.jpg

Karl and wagons 19.jpg

Karl and wagons 21.jpg

Karl and wagons 14.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wow! I'm stunned,that's absolutely brilliant. It's huge too,I don't know what to say except well done,fantastic job.

Cheers

Steve

R

Richy C

Superb work Scott , looks huge mate how big is it ? if I could make two suggestions what about a little plaque with a discription and making a perspex display case for it , a 5 star model needs to be displayed mate

5 big ones from me pal

Richy

N

noble

Thank you gents i appreciate the comments and you viewing, cheers for the five stars guys..... it's about 1 1/2 metres without the kriegslocomotive with the loco add another metre.

scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bloody hell scott!!! Thats HUGE! With the loco on the end too it must be 8ft long , thats a BIG model. Excellent weathering and paintwork and full marks for patience-there must have been hundreds and hundreds of parts!!I love it , 5 from me too, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bloody Hell! That is one big mother! You have really out done yourself Scott.

If I can make one comment about the tracks on the Karl.... As the whole thing is hanging in the air, would the sag in the tracks not be the other way around. Tight on the top and sagging down on the bottom? A small detail.

Well built and very well painted. Big 5 from me too!

So whats next then, the Dora?

Ian M

N

noble

Thanks guys for the brilliant comments and the five stars..... you know what ian didn't think of that but it looked ugly during the build they were too loose as for the next project it will be the Gato U.S. submarine.

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Truely looks excellent Scott. 5 stars from me

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks guys for the brilliant comments and the five stars..... you know what ian didn't think of that but it looked ugly during the build they were too loose as for the next project it will be the Gato U.S. submarine.scott
So some thing small Then...:laughing:

Let me know when you post the photos of the compleated train. I'll pop out and buy a wide screen.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Very impressive Scott and beautifully built! *****

With the loco you've already done your track must be getting on for 3m long. Why not go the whole hog and add the rest of the Trumpy collection of train wagons?

Then the bench would be long enough to use as a runway for any flying models you might build in future! :lol

Gern

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
:censored2: HELL Scott, thats impressive mate. What more can i say! Five stars

:respect2:

Have fun, John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Very nice work took me a while to work out if I was looking at a model or the real thing, it looks big enough.

T

treyzx10r

Scott I ca'nt add any more to whats all been said ,that is stunning!!!!*****

N

noble

Thank you all for the fantastic comments and the five stars i appreciate it loads as it helps me improve upon my exsisting skill set and hopefully makes me a better modeller.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely fabulous build Scott! One very impressive and imposing model!!!

Another 5 stars mate richly deserved.

All the best

Paul

:no1b:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've been thinking about how good that looks when it's all put together. What would make a superb background to it would of course be the Dora - not the Fw 190, but the railway gun!

That comes out at about two and a bit metres long so it would be just about right!

What about it Scott? You're obviously not afraid of tackling these larger projects, and I think you'd make a superb job of it! :lol

Gern

PS If you are interested, I've noticed one of the regular traders at the shows has brought one along to all the shows I've been to in the last couple of years. I think he was asking £325 last time I saw it. Not a bad price for what you get but be warned - the box will not fit in the boot of a car, you'd have to put it on the back seat!

P

phalinmegob

fantastic job mate,next time i go through rocky station i will find you and say hello.

N

noble

Cheers guys Graham the Dora is on order and is coming in at £400.00, so you never know mate watch this space... Andrew no problem mate your always welcome say hello next time your in iam usually there and you can see the finished project as it is sitting in the station.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I've been thinking about how good that looks when it's all put together. What would make a superb background to it would of course be the Dora - not the Fw 190, but the railway gun!That comes out at about two and a bit metres long so it would be just about right!

What about it Scott? You're obviously not afraid of tackling these larger projects, and I think you'd make a superb job of it! :lol

Gern

PS If you are interested, I've noticed one of the regular traders at the shows has brought one along to all the shows I've been to in the last couple of years. I think he was asking £325 last time I saw it. Not a bad price for what you get but be warned - the box will not fit in the boot of a car, you'd have to put it on the back seat!
And in case you missed it it weighs in at round 27kg. (whats that is old money? 60Lbs?) Better check that shelf again Scott. LOL