Completed - Mikes Victory Challenge

M

Mike

As a complete newbie to kit modelling, I do hope you've all see the Airfix HMS Victory Challenge I set in this thread, which should explain the challenge and why there are 4 people building the same ship at the same time!

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/new-to-modelling-and-a-challenge-for-the-experienced-members.28223/

Having completed my 5 build of this kit now, there's clear progression. I've picked up some great tips from some great modellers and I think I'll come back to this when I've had some practice and more practice!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Some noticeable improvements to your original Mike! Whatcha gonna do now?

Gern

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Michael I've given you a great build gong due to the fact that it's your first kit in a very long time and with me also doing the same kit know exactly what you have gone through to make it look as good as it does a very good job and you will have picked up some great tips along the way and I'm in no doubt the next kit you do will be even better for the things you have learnt

M

Mike

Thanks guys. Appreciate all the help, support and tips. I've now started on a Revell Concorde 1:144. I swear I've only been at it a couple of minutes but I seem to have lost 3 hours!!

Will stick up appropriate thread as I'm going to need help again, there's significant flash in places on this and I have giant seams on the fuselage... This model making lark isn't easy!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job Michael , does exactly what it says on the tin , starter kit . I hope though that having this ancient bit of moulding hasnt put you off modelling (actually i can see it hasnt , hence the concorde) I'm giving you a great build , not only cause its a first try but because you gave us all a good read with the various challenges going on , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done Mike, your perseverence knows no bounds.............nor your patience!

Top marks for both....