Completed: Pete's Revell Hurricane

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Now completed. The kit is for a Mark IIC, but that wouldn't have been around for the BoB, so I left the cannons off, and used decals from an Airfix Mk 1 kit for a 303 (Polish) squadron Mk 1.
P1150958.JPGP1150959.JPGP1150960.JPGP1150961.JPGP1150962.JPGP1150963.JPGP1150964.JPGP1150965.JPG
Sorry about the poor focus on some of these - camera battery is flat! This was generally a nice kit to build, although I had a problem with the undercarriage - the strut that goes rearwards from the bay door is a couple of mm too short, so there's a gap there, hidden by cunning photography since I'd already painted the model before I found the problem.
I added some more cartridge ejector slots underneath for the 8 machine guns rather than the 4 cannon, but I should perhaps have dome something about the gun access panels - rescribed, or even just filled them. The canopy frame lines were hardly visible, so I used Bare Metal Foil for masking, which worked well but was a real struggle to remove. I think the thickness of the paint was more than the thickness of the BMF, so it was really hard to start tp peel it off.
Looking forward to your comments/criticisms!
Pete

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Bob on. No pun intended. There's no way I would know it was a MKIIc.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Pete, nice people don't criticize.

This has turned out very nice indeed.

Top build.

Ron

D

Deleted member 7181

Sorry Pete, I haven't been around much so seem to have missed the build on this. Turned out lovely though.