Completed......Pete's Toon Challenge.......spanner's King Tiger.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here's my finished Toon kit.
Excellent kit.
I snipped off most of the locating thingies to make the build easier and to prevent me from snapping anything clean off! The kit is that well engineered, most weren't needed anyway!

It is all brush painted and weathered using Vallejo Model Air acrylics. I kept the weathering to a minimum, mainly on the side skirts, and front and rear under bits.

The small disc camouflage is done by twirling a small cut down brush. Similar to a 'Turk's Head', which this type of brush used to be called before all the P.C. nonsense came along. (Other nationalities are available) The 'Fun' decals and chain are from my spares bits.

I like to try and get the camo. pattern running up and over the turret.

There you go.....

Would I build another? Probably not. It was an excellent kit to make and although I thoroughly enjoyed the build I suspect it was more a curiosity thing to see just what these kits where all about. I wasn't disappointed and I recommend Toons to anyone who is thinking about building one. (If only one) But please, treat them with respect. In my book they are a subject in their own right and certainly not a 'Toy'

Thanks to Pete for bringing this unique type of model making to my attention.

Cheers.
Ron

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice job Ron. :smiling3:

I agree with you, fun as this GB has been, I just can't see myself doing another one. I still don't "get" them.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I still have to get used to the idea of making toon versions of tanks :D, but you made a nice build of it, well done Ron :thumb2:

Cheers Steven

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.
These kits are very easy to put together and I did get some fun out of free and easy, do what you like approach to the build.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That has got to be the cutest Tiger kitten I have ever seen....Well the only one actually...
Great job Ron. I am as always impressed by the quality of your hairy stick work!
When I saw this I thought "fill the bottom hull with plaster of Paris and that would make a novel paper weight".....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
When I saw this I thought "fill the bottom hull with plaster of Paris and that would make a novel paper weight".....
Great idea Ian. Duly done, and a surprise for my Grandson to take back to Uni. after his next visit here. Probably to rest a can of beer against - That's my boy!

Thanks Polux. Glad you like the model.

Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Ron,

I'm with the guys here and you have done a fantastic job on the Tiger II. One for the record and will make a great paperweight. One thing kinda bothers me though. I didn't know that completed Tiger II's could fly or have I maybe lost my mind!!!.....

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Splendid work with the Turks head, I refuse to be PC .
B Wing
Broadmoor.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi sorry for the late reresponse I'm back in hospital, very nice work on the disc camo finishes off the toy paper weight nicely.
Thank you for taking part in the GB and I'm glad you enjoyed the build, just one small point why is your tank in the completed aircraft section ?

Pete :sick:.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.

Allen - Flying Tiger II?
453 - Thank goodness someone else knows of such a thing!
Pete - Sorry to read you're back in Hospital, chin up and get yourself back home asap. Thanks for the heads up - Sorted.... :thumb2:

Cheers all.
Ron (570)