Completed........spanner's 1/72 ISU-122 Soviet Assault Gun.....Completed

D

dubster72

Never seen anything by Pegasus being built Ron, so I'm all eyes open!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is the 1/72 ISU-122. Easy to put together. The tracks are lacking in detail, but as these quicky kits are designed more for the war games than stand alone, they are still a nice looking kits which serve my purpose.

I've tried to give the tank a dusty, reddy look having fought across the corn fields and dusty fields of the Ukraine, heading west...

No primer, just brush painted with two coats of Vallejo Model Colour. Followed by a dusting of children's colour pastels and a mess with an HB pencil....There were no decals, so I invented a number and painted it on.....That's it. An easy two days saw the model finished.

I've avoided 'the chipping effect' as I don't particularily like it, and sometimes it does tend to get overdone, and has almost become an expected part of weathering. A bit like marmite really - you like it or you don't!

I had a look on 'tintenet for ideas to give the kit some life. I've had a play and moved some of these add-ons about too. The tow hawser and rope coil are sewing cotton. The logs protecting the fuel drums are twigs and the brackets supporting them are plastic card. The tarp. is made from kitchen roll. The antenna from a bit of elec. cable wire.

I might yet add some more bits, I'll see....

I intend doing a small dio, which apart from this tank, will include a dead Tiger tank and a couple of Ukrainian farm buildings....I feel a Pizza coming on!

Here are the pictures.

View attachment 103193

View attachment 103195

View attachment 103197

View attachment 103198

View attachment 103200

The lack of track detail can be seen in this shot. I'm not bothered about it as it was expected.

View attachment 103201

This last photo is a true likeness of the finished paint work, weathering and logs.

View attachment 103202

I hope you approve folks.

Cheers,

Ron

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 003.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 004.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 007.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 005.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 008.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 009.jpg

G.B. Braille Scale 1.72 010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Laurie

Looks good Ron. Looks the part and will go well in a diorama.

Laurie

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
The little guys look GREAT! Nice weathering and just enough stowage and great track sag. G. B. from me............... Jim ;)

L

Laurie

Hey Ron just realized that is brush painted. I give you, for that, two great build stars.

Certainly an art but which I will not attain. Very nice man.

Laurie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments peeps...

Laurie, yes it is brush painted.....got to keep the flag flying.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I suppose the model should have been in 'completed', but as it's eventually going on a small diorama, it isn't!
I was kinda hoping we'd see some sort of base for this. Your little dios always add so much to the basic kit.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice little guys Ron like the added detail,and bits and bobs,never seen them built before,

easy fit with the tracks if going on a base some mud,and grass and you will never know, ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
To save any confusion and to tidy things up a bit, I've altered the thread title for this to keep it in line with other one off models built for this 1/72 scale G.B.

I will make the little diorama in the correct forum. i.e dioramas!

Sorry if you have already posted on this and thought it was something different, but I think it logically better, if at first a little confusing, to keep the model and the dio. in separate threads.

Cheers,

Ron