Completed - Spanner's 1/72 PST Iraqi T54. Beowulf's Little Armour G.B. 2019

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb little kit from, at least to me, an unknown manufacturer PST. Great fit with very little cleaning up. Well recommended.
I just couldn't bring myself to wreck it, sorry.
I'll see if I can find something suitable to destroy before the end of this G.B.

All brush painted and weathered using Vallejo Model Air Acrylics, a pencil and some dry filler powder. I painted the Iraqi flag freehand using a diddy brush after first drawing the flag on to the turret with a pencil.
The base is made from scrap polystyrene. Kitchen foil, coffee stirrers, scraps of foam board suitably scribed, floor sweepings and half a crunched up weetabix make up the rest.

P1210814.JPG

P1210828.JPG

P1210812.JPG

P1210811.JPG

P1210820.JPG

Cheers all and thanks for looking.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Paul and Paul!

When my dad was trying his best to teach me some modelling skills all we had was everyday stuff, so I guess old habits die hard. Not that I want to change things...... :thumb2:

Not buying stuff also means more beer tokens.... :hungry:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thanks Paul and Paul!

When my dad was trying his best to teach me some modelling skills all we had was everyday stuff, so I guess old habits die hard. Not that I want to change things...... :thumb2:

Not buying stuff also means more beer tokens.... :hungry:

I’m all up for more Beer token Ron:smiling4: Cracking bit of modelling there sir...looks fab:thumb2:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
The base is made from scrap polystyrene. Kitchen foil, coffee stirrers, scraps of foam board suitably scribed, floor sweepings and half a crunched up weetabix make up the rest.
Somehow I'm not surprised! You have a real skill at recycling oddments into works of art Ron.

Pete

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work as usual Ron, base is sublime.
You have a soft heart, I have to keep myself from brewing them up!:dizzy:

Cheers, Jim:hugging-face:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Superb little kit from, at least to me, an unknown manufacturer PST. Great fit with very little cleaning up. Well recommended.
I just couldn't bring myself to wreck it, sorry.
I'll see if I can find something suitable to destroy before the end of this G.B.

All brush painted and weathered using Vallejo Model Air Acrylics, a pencil and some dry filler powder. I painted the Iraqi flag freehand using a diddy brush after first drawing the flag on to the turret with a pencil.

View attachment 327116

View attachment 327119

View attachment 327118

View attachment 327117

View attachment 327120

Cheers all and thanks for looking.

Ron
Just a thought. Didn't you do a little Russian truck towing an AA gun last year which was from PST?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks lady and gents for your most excellent comments. I really appreciate every one of them and makes my day all the happier..... :thumb2:

Just a thought. Didn't you do a little Russian truck towing an AA gun last year which was from PST?

Dave, you're dead right, PST it was. I had a quick look at my past builds and I built them for the 'Under a Fiver' Cosford Challenge.
What a memory you have old lad. I can't remember much further back than yesterday!

Thanks again folks.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks lady and gents for your most excellent comments. I really appreciate every one of them and makes my day all the happier..... :thumb2:

Dave, you're dead right, PST it was. I had a quick look at my past builds and I built them for the 'Under a Fiver' Cosford Challenge.
What a memory you have old lad. I can't remember much further back than yesterday!

Thanks again folks.
Ron

The way my memory's going, I have to keep checking! I don't suppose it'll be too long before I start asking for reminders of my name!