Completed. Stona's HMS Victory challenge

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here she is.

I think I've made my feeling plain about this appalling collection of malformed plastic masquerading as a starter kit elsewhere, so here's a few pictures.

The Union Flag is intentionally upside down ;)

The coin is for scale and because tuppence is about what the kit is worth :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Steve I know how you feel about this kit but you have done a great job of it, really like the look of the sails and background picture

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Apart from the gross exaggeration on the value of this thing, that's a cracking job you've done there Steve. You even got the flags flying the right way round!

Gern

P

Polux

Ohhh my captain Steve Sparrow!!

You have favorable winds there... ;)

As I can see, you are not a sweet water sailor :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, that looks better than the Airfix promo shots :smiling3: Great work Steve. I couldn't believe how much retailers were asking for this kit here in NZ: $25.00 was the cheapest one I could see. That's the equivalent of 12.50 GPB!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I couldn't believe how much retailers were asking for this kit here in NZ: $25.00 was the cheapest one I could see. That's the equivalent of 12.50 GPB!
I hope they were wearing a mask, a stripy tee shirt and carrying a bag marked 'swag'!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Thats a great bit of bashing plastic into shape Steve,funny read too!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just like the promo shot steve , job done. I have to agree with you about the kit being well past its sell by date ,as you say if it was only about £2 it would probably be a bit overpriced !! So now you can tick that off the bucket list !!!( dive with sharks , do a parachute jump , climb a mountain , bungee jump , build a 3" long 5o year old mould kit of a sailing ship , etc. ) cheers tony;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You beat that into shape Steve...Excellent result.