*Completed* Tamiya Lotus super 7 as KAR120C Number 6's (The prisoner) Lotus 7

M

m1ks

After a long long build period this is finally at a stage i'm happy to call 'finished'

The kit is the Tamiya 1/24 Lotus super 7 as per the title, it's one of Tamiyas older kits but is a decent one overall with a little cleanup and filling required.

It has scratch built rear lights from clear sprue, (the kit supplied ones are incorrect), though they are a little overscale, i'd look at alternatives if I built another.

It also has a set of Resin cast Lotus Elan wheels which were offcasts kindly supplied to me by user Stevenski on the Escale forum from when he built his version. The car in the series used pressed steel elan wheels and the kit supplied ones are incorrect.

Piping was added around the seat back and hood cover, visible in the TV shots and also on the seat bases, these were never visible but I call it artistic license, :smiling3:

License plate KAR120C was created on PC, sized and printed on ordinary paper stock then glued in place.

HT leads, (albeit too thin), throttle cable and battery leads added to the engine bay.

Engine block painted BRG and rocker cover chrome, (alclad), again, artistic license as the engine is never shown. (though it's known to be a 1500cc Cosworth engine)

For those who know, this is based on the Lotus seven driven by Patrick MacGoohan in the TV series, 'The prisoner' (opening credits and about three of the episodes in detail)

For those who don't know, heres a potted synopsis.

TV spy drama filmed in the 60's, Patrick MacGoohan, a spy dissilusioned with his job, quits only to be gassed to unconsciousness and bundled off to wake in a replica of his room on a mysterious island run by powers unknown, everyone is known only by number, no names, he doesn't know if he's been captured by his own or the enemy, they want the information he has, he wants to know his captors identity, intentions and to escape.

The car is seen in the youtube clip at the bottom of this page, opening credits.

Anyway, to the car.

General shots:

Cab:

Engine detail:

Chrome fuel filler:

Piping and spare wheel retaining strap detail:

Video clip:

[video=youtube_share;DrN0LeC-LZU]http://youtu.be/DrN0LeC-LZU

T

treyzx10r

Mike sweet build! I love the attention to detail under the bonnet,very nicely done Sir!

B

Beano

That looks very nice. The engine bays always amaze me when done to that level of detail

M

m1ks

Thankyou guys.

This one was a long time on the bench, on and off inbetween making other models and a pause to get my mojo back but i've really enjoyed building this one for all the fiddly little bits in it.

If I built another i'd like to do the small screen / roll bar racing variant of it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well you might of taken your time but it has paid off. What a smashing little car.

Very well done. The finish on the paint is top notch!

Ian M