Completed. The Simon Titterington Bridge... A time for quiet reflection.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much to those who took the time to post such nice comments about 'Simon's Bridge'

Again, I'm sorry for using a heap of subterfuge to hide my real intent and I hope no one was unduly offended by my actions.

I try and go off at a bit of a tangent and do something away from the norm with subjects such as this, one very special G.B.

Although I only knew of him and his work briefly, Simon seemed to come across as a 'quietly getting on with it' sort of bloke, yet always willing to offer advise and help.
I tried my hardest with this model to get a similar calmness, yet solid feel I felt Simon seemed to have.

Thanks again.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Rick, Graeme and Paul.
Thanks for your excellent posts. :thumb2:

I'm really chuffed at the great response I've had for my model of Simon's bridge and especially so because we are building our models in memory of the man himself.

Cheers.
Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I'm late Ron, but you have hit the nail on the head perfectly. A truly wonderous tribute to a man that has helped us all so much and so many times. Your skills have no limits Sir......

Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for your great comments chaps.

All much appreciated. :thumb2:

Ron

Reactions: JR

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Stunning ron . A touching , poignant build that stops you in your tracks and makes you reflect ( as is the intention) , absolute genius and a fitting tribute to simon , Cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the compliments Tony, always good to receive your positive comments.

....by the way, what the heck were you doing up and about at 3.27am this morning?!

Rip van Winkle II