Compressor advice needed please

P

pliny123

Becoming increasingly fed up with buying 750ml Badger compressed cans of airbrush propellant, I'm considering buying a small compressor. Can anyone suggest please not only good ones but also any to be avoided.

Many thanks as ever.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I've got this one and have to say it does everything i ask of it

Clarke Mini Air Compressor - Wiz - Machine Mart

C

Clivel

Hi

Read the review on home page, I bought the exact same compressor as this of ebay. I think it is very good it came with 2 air brushes, 2 hoses and a pressure gauge. I found the discription a little confusing as I expected the compressor to stop and start at the pressure at the regulator. I found that the regulator is of the leak off type hence when the gauge is set to 20 psi the compressed air escapse and the compressor runs constantly to keep that pressure up. Back to ebay I went and found a gas pressure regulator (it was about £14 inc postage). Because it is a gas regulator it is not the leak of type and the compresor switches on and off keeping the vesel charged but delivering between 15 & 20 psi constant pressure to the air brushes.

I hope this makes sence and is of help to you.

CliveL

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
You might have had a faulty regulator, it doesn't run constantly it cuts off when the correct pressure is reached and only starts again when it needs filling back up again.

P

Plastickitbasher

I've got this one

4750051 Mantua Compressor (4Bar) Available NOW from Models In Motion

It's works fine for me I've not had any problems with it, the only small point is it's a little noisey.

Hope this helps

Regards

David

P

pliny123

Thanks for all the helpful comments, I've ordered the Spraymaster compressor that is recommended on the forum. No feedback as yet as it hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Once again, many thanks