Compressor advice please

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Jim

Just joined the club, me too :thumb2:, just ordered and the price was cheaper ;), Julie bought it for me as a very early birthday pressie as i am 60 in September, saves her buying me the usaul and something i will use lol

bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Should have mine tomorrow! Usual excellent service!!

Bob

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sixty in September....you old git! I’m sixty on the first of October LOL...

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Hi to all you young guys (I was sixty in January) - I am also looking to get an airbrush. Am I right in thinking the Sparmax 610 gets the current vote?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Nick

The sparmax is a compressor, airbrush wise i use Iwata but theres a wide choice and prices

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Hi Bob,
I just had a look at the shop site and saw it was a compressor so I guess I also need an actual airbrush. Is that what the Iwata is and do they come in different sizes?
Thanks,
Nick T.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Nick
The Sparmax TC-610H is a compressor - provides the air to the airbrush. You will need an airbrush. Many makes available at prices from £20 for a Chinese cheapie to £100s for a top of the range. Well regarded makes include Iwata, Harder and Steenbeck, Badger and others.
The main things to look for, in my opinion, are
- dual action (press down on the trigger for air and pull back for paint)
- top gravity feed cup for paint
- 0.3 needle is a best compromise between coverage and fine detail work.
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Nick, all depends on funds, like everything lol

Compressors and airbrushes come in a very wide range of prices, if you are new to airbrushes etc would suggest a basic one first, on Johns shop he has sparmax airbrushes at very good prices when compared to iwata and they have good reviews. Would strongly suggest you do a lot of research, youtube and web

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I now have a new Sparmax TC-610H. John at the shop is brilliant. Arrived within 24hrs from ordering beautifully packaged. One happy bunny. Works a treat. Even the box is useful as just the right height to sit the spray booth on so that the outlet goes out of the window!! :tongue-out3:
P1060284.JPG

P1060285.JPG

Jim

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
Bob and Jim, many thanks the information you guys give is brilliant. I can see a bit more research is in order but have to say I like the look of the Sparmax. Also what a great workspace you have Jim.
Thanks again,
Nick T.