Compressor problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all my compressor has developed a bad habit.

When the pressure gets low it tries to start but just seems to hang, if I release all the pressure it will start fine and pressurise fully but when I start spraying and the pressure drops it just hangs when trying to repressurise, empty tank and all's fine again till pressure drops. What's happening, is it a pressure regulator gone or something.

D

dubster72

Ken, what compressor have you got? If it's a Chinese one like the AS 186, these are a few things to check:

If the compressor clicks off automatically, the pressure sensor is fine.

Most compressors don't like back pressure, so check the one-way valve as shown below

View attachment 109630

The white bit is the valve - it's not strictly a valve, but a cheap fix used in such compressors.

IMG_20150329_205943.jpg

D

dougie

Sounds like a back pressure issue as above, it's struggling to overcome pressure inside the system downstream of the piston, maybe the motor brushes are wearing out, maybe its a lubrication issue? Something is restricting it from overcoming that pressure

Check simple things like the one way valve first haha

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks it is the as 186 but can't say I remember seeing anything like the thing in the picture, where is it, underneath Maybe?

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks, well I've taken that bit off and it seems ok.