Compressor troubles

• Thread starter Plastickitbasher
  • Start date
P

Plastickitbasher

I have a small Mantri compressor which is now starting to not keep a steady set pressure level, sometimes dropping to zone pressure before the auto start starts and getting very very hot to the touch

Is there anything I can do to fix this, if so how?

or,

Bin the old one and buy a new one as what I've got I've had for about three or four years.

Thanks in advance

regards

David

T

tecdes

I would say bin it David.

By the time you have posted it for repair & paid for the repair you will be better off buying a new one. Also the betting is that they do not have the parts.

I take it you have checked the hose & the hose connections for leaks ?

Laurie

M

m1ks

If you've had it for a while i'd suggest you strip it and see if you can repair it yourself, theres nothing to lose if it's not working correctly and it may be straightforward, i don't think mini compressors are terribly complicated.

L

lemoff

If you can strip it... and you say it is losing pressure then perhaps replace any seals? Might be getting hot to try and compensate for lost pressure. If you are going to replace it then taking it to pieces couldn't hurt :smiling3:

P

Plastickitbasher

Thanks Gents

Going to get a new one but will also try to fix it and keep it as a back up (well that's if I fix it lol)

L

lemoff

I got mine from Airbrush Compressors | Airbrushes | Compressors (i think it was a link from here or through a link from a link hehe).