Condor 1/72 Mig-25PD - mojo returning slowly...............

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Added the front fuselage, and the nose - no location pins, just a butt joint...............P1060453.JPG

Going together well ( apart from knocking off the port wingtip, still in posession of the carpet monster ) - I'll add the intakes - after adjustments - more filing/scraping, tomorrow. As you can see, it's quite large, even in 1/72.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well, I've added the inlets, a real fiddle, dry fit, file, dry fit, scrape, dry fit, curse, file, dry fit............................
All in all about 2 hours to add these parts - it needs a little filler, here and there, but looks OK
P1060454.JPG
The two large Acrid missiles assembled, for the inner pylons, there will be the paired Aphid missiles on the outers
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit different to your ICM mig 25 eh Dave! It’s definitely not a shake and bake is it. Looking good now and a coat of primer transform it , cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tony,
I tried to buy an ICM 1/72 Mig-25 several times on ebay auctions - I bid on about ten lots - but the prices all passed my top limit! I then looked at other makers Mig-25s - checked reviews, availability, prices, and ended up with the Condor version.
It needs a fair amount of work, but if you get a budget model, then you have to be prepared to put a bit of effort into it. I do admire the latest slide mould technology models, but not the cost!, and I think I enjoy some old school modelling skills!
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Me too Dave , it’s quite satisfying when you get a result that you’re pleased with from a poor kit , plus I like the challenge of overcoming the various problems and shortfalls this type of kit throws at you!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Primed! A few areas that need a bit of attention..................P1060455.JPGP1060456.JPG

I had missed that there were new inboard wing fences, and new wingtips! Luckily, I caught this before priming. The instructions are a bit vague in places!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
No benchtime - I've been laid low by 'Acute Sinusitis' . GP says it should start to feel better in a few days, but in the meantime, headaches and dizziness and no energy. No decongestants, as apparently my Diabetes doesn't allow them to work properly. No benchtime - only bedtime - 18 hours yesterday!
Dave