construction models

First Name
Steve
I've seen this on ebay for really silly prices. I seem to recall seeing a John Deere Backhoe in the same scale, also by AMT/ERTL - also for really silly prices.. There have been some releases of construction equipment in 1/35 in the last couple of years. Lots of tractors/bulldozers and tipper trucks, but I find it amazing that there isn't any sort of JCB type digger (apart from the Japanese double-arm Atego), dumper truck or mobile crane available. They have enough moving features to satisfy and the Gods know they've been in use worldwide for decades so no shortage of subjects or dio opportunities.

I fear I'm preaching to the converted on here though. Any manufacturers listening out there?

I only now browse on ebay as most of there prices are way over the top when it come's to trucks which is my main interest, same one's on Amazon can be up to £20 cheaper or even loads more, why not give John a ring and what he can get you.

Steve.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I've seen this on ebay for really silly prices. I seem to recall seeing a John Deere Backhoe in the same scale, also by AMT/ERTL - also for really silly prices.. There have been some releases of construction equipment in 1/35 in the last couple of years. Lots of tractors/bulldozers and tipper trucks, but I find it amazing that there isn't any sort of JCB type digger (apart from the Japanese double-arm Atego), dumper truck or mobile crane available. They have enough moving features to satisfy and the Gods know they've been in use worldwide for decades so no shortage of subjects or dio opportunities.

I fear I'm preaching to the converted on here though. Any manufacturers listening out there?
It seems the model co.s are in a rut, I would love to see a line of 1/25 scale stuff or even 1/35 but alas no one wants to take a chance.
I think it would bring more folks into the modelling fold cuz every guy loves heavy equipment. :cool::thumb2:

Well, almost every guy

th
:blow-kiss: