Cornered, Trapped and Destroyed!...Nov.1944

D

Deleted member 6559

Truly astonishing Ron. Your combined modelling and photographic skills make this look like the real thing.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a terrific response to my stuff. Thank you all so much.... :thumb2:

I've been quietly making me some rubble. Made from off-cuts from the building construction and painted with cheapo acrylics.

P1250193.JPG

Cheers all.

Ron

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
gees like ron ...... i follow yr builds with much interest and to be honest the detail, skills is just outstanding ........... all the superlatives have been mentioned in thread already but all i can add is .... "inspirational stuff!!". Just love your work bud!! Lindsey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lindsey, thanks ever so much for your most excellent comments. If my stuff 'Inspires' just one modeller to have a go at something similar, then I am one happy bunny and could ask for no more.

I hope I've now made enough rubble and general detritus. I won't really know until I've spread the stuff over the base.

Ripped down coffee stirrers for rafters and general woodwork, foam board off cuts for bricks and smashed off render, kitchen foil corrugated sheets, card roof slates/tiles in random shades, kebab skewers for telegraph poles, stripped down electric copper wire for some cables and used drinking straws cut down for some lengths of guttering. The last lot of rubble etc., I've painted a lot darker shade to simulate scorching and smoke damage. The saturated toilet paper under the rubble will be curtains and general loose fabric.
P1250195.JPG

Hopefully, tomorrow I can randomly scatter the above concoction on to the base. I just hope there is enough.

Cheers.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks like the kind of scrap/offcuts a modeller would throw in the bin AFTER his build!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Paul.

Nice one, Dave!

I've now added the rubble. I did this in the same way as the previous 'layer'. I simply sprinkled the whole caboodle over the model and removed any excess from the tank and left the stuff 'As is'.

I've also added a few charred roof spars sticking out on the first floor and loosely laid out the tank road wheels.

P1250197.JPG

P1250196 (2).JPG

P1250198.JPG

P1250199.JPG

Next I'll add a few more bits that I thought of whilst asleep last night....Honest!

Thanks for looking.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Rick!
Glad you like it.... :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Gents.
I'm well chuffed you approve of the build so far.
Just a couple of additions to do then its done.

Cheers.
Ron

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I love the multi coloured rubble, Ron.
It takes a lot of effort and thought to make so many different pieces realistically, and this sets your work apart from most other offerings .
Simply stunning!