'cornered'

First Name
Chris
Well chaps here it is....the finished article. Finally!!

I must say that although I'm not entirely satisfied with certain aspects of my build overall I'm quite pleased with the results for my first forray into armour diorama's.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

ChrisView attachment 32498View attachment 32497View attachment 32496View attachment 32499View attachment 32500View attachment 32501View attachment 32502View attachment 32503View attachment 32504

View attachment 37345

View attachment 37346

View attachment 37347

View attachment 37348

View attachment 37349

View attachment 37350

View attachment 37351

View attachment 37352

View attachment 37353

final1.jpg

final2.jpg

final3.jpg

final4.jpg

final5.jpg

final6.jpg

final7.jpg

final8.jpg

final9.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks pretty good to me Chris! Nice little story - I wonder what that poor German is thinking?

I have to say I've seen those Tommy figures before - and I'm not surprised that the poor Bren gunner looks miserable. He's carried that d****d Bren gun across half of France according to the dios on here! :lol

Gern

A

andyrobs

Top job chris, thats another 5 star build for sure

Andrew

First Name
Chris
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm guessing the german is either a hard as nails madman or is absolutely bricking it (no pun intended).

Your comments about the Bren gunner did make me laugh! and you're right he doesn't look happy.

I'm already planning my next dio but the problem I have (and always will unless I change) is that I can't seem to find any british artillery/anti tank guns in 1/48 scale, nor an M4 Priest/Sexton.......anyone have any idea's?????????

Regards

Chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice build Chris, coupled with an original story line.

The work you have done in picture 1 is a credit to you. That is one lonely, frightened soldier.

Excellent first armour diorama. Well done.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job chris, really tells a story. cheers tony

R

Richy C

Very nice Chris , for your 1st effort its fantastic mate

Richy

First Name
Chris
Praise from you hardened plastic fan's means a great deal...many thanks.

Anyone know if there's a 1/48 Priest/Sexton on the market? Or 1/48 british artillery (25pdr preferably)?

Cheers

Chris

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Real nice where do you start there is so much to look at real nice detail and it tells a good story you should be proud of your dio Geegad

N

noble

Hi Chris i must say mate iam very impressed, this is a top notch dio for your first, nice story line to it and excellent work on the tanks, figures and the building.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Top job, excellent detail, id love to see a pic of it in black & white.

Tom

G

Greg147

Excellent work on this one, Chris. A great composition, well executed. I was suprised when I first saw the pics because it looks very similar to one I made a while ago; same layout, same figures and vehicles, same scale ;)

I too am a fan of 1/48 kits, but unfortunately in the vehicle departments, they're somewhat lacking in variety. Tamiya has a range of basic tanks, and Hobbyboss does a few T-34s and KV-1s, but other than that, it's just the occasional obscure manufacturer here and there (unless I'm forgetting some). I remember having the same problems with finding the vehicles I wanted to use, but there are a few resin conversion kits out there that might help. I've just had a look, and couldn't find any for Sexton or Priest SPGs, but there may be some. There's one I was looking out a while ago that turns the Tamiya Sherman into a M-12, so some of them can be quite a change from the original.

EDIT: Actually, managed to find a Priest converstion kit, if it's any use to you:

105 mm howitzer motor carriage m7 priest

EDIT 2: Link doesn't work unless you've already visited the site. Just click that you're in the EU, then try again ;)

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
Again many thanks for the coments, high praise indeed! And a special thank you to Greg, that priest looks like just the thing I'm after so thanks for doing the research. I shall be getting for the stash as I'm back on aircraft next with Hasegawa 1/48 harrier GR.7. Looking forward to trying a few techniques that I've not tried with aircraft before (pr-shading being one of them)

Again many thanks to all

Regards

Chris

K

Kressy13

Great dio mate. So much detail and a hell of a lot of patience. Top stuff.

Cheers

Kresten