Cosford Scale Model Show...... APRIL 2nd. 2017...The Result!!

yak face

Staff member
First Name
tony
I was there last year and I can't remember if we did or not!....:confused:

Sounds a good idea to me for this up and coming reunion. Let's see what our quiz master and all things raffl'y (Tony) and other folks think......
I think all we did last year ron was stuff our pie holes with tunnocks and eccles cakes!!! We could do another " stash swap" if you think it would go down well.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
I thought the original idea for the "stash swap" was to give us a chance to build something we wouldn't normally buy .....

There have been a few such builds but not many - I haven't done mine and it's near the bottom on my 'to do' list. P'raps it wasn't as popular an idea as we thought it might be?

yak face

Staff member
First Name
tony
True dave , ive done the same. Any ideas what else we could do ? (Apart from stuff our faces !!)

Fenlander

SMF Poster
First Name
Graham
You could find the weirdest car kit and build it. If you fail to build it within 1 week you have to send it to me :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
Staff member
First Name
Ron
Dave, don't let Tony read your latest post!....:p

Rather than a raffle, how about we all root in the bargain basement boxes at the show and find any kit for, say, under £5.00 and build it on here as a sort of fun 'Cheapskates only' build off?

I commend the idea to the House.

Lots of love,
Bessie Braddock M.P.

papa 695

Staff member
First Name
Ian
Dave, don't let Tony read your latest post!....:p

Rather than a raffle, how about we all root in the bargain basement boxes at the show and find any kit for, say, under £5.00 and build it on here as a sort of fun 'Cheapskates only' build off?

I commend the idea to the House.

Lots of love,
Bessie Braddock M.P.
I like the idea Ron and the cheaper the better.
So count me in.

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
I hope to be able to go this year. Haven't been to a model show since Cosford 2015.I like your idea Ron .

yak face

Staff member
First Name
tony
So you want us to root around on the floor like pigs searching for truffles , embarassing ourselves showing our underwear and builders crack ?! How degrading - count me in!! Sounds like a capital idea old man , im salivating in anticipation ,
Yours gomez adams

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
So you want us to root around on the floor like pigs searching for truffles , embarassing ourselves showing our underwear and builders crack ?! How degrading - count me in!! Sounds like a capital idea old man , im salivating in anticipation ,
Yours gomez adams
Nothing new then.

First Name
Steve
so NO competition this year :sad:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, and there was me beavering away on a couple of kits to be ready for April 2nd, even had a count-down list as to where i should be with the progress !! :mad: . Nationals it is then , or not as not a scobby doo of a chance !! :D:D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
Staff member
First Name
Ron
Time, I reckon, for a final head count of people definitely going to the show. This is so we won't be hanging around for members and to give 'Big Box' Dave and 'Builder's Bum' Tony, as much time as possible to hunt for stuff.

So, how about the usual 12 noon under the Vulcan wing. Which is to be found in the modern looking Hanger 2 (Cold War) Then Tunnocks and Eccles Cakes etc. in the cafe?

Also, how about a bit of fun, and hunt for any kit costing no more than £5 to be built on here?

Any thoughts, men?

yak face

Staff member
First Name
tony
Definitely one hand up here mate , and a bargain build sounds right up my street !!
Yours rear admiral Choccy Tunnock (ret)

papa 695

Staff member
First Name
Ian
I will be there Ron awaiting my chance to get to boxes if Tony and Dave leave me any room that is.
Your faithful minion

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
And because of strange religious rules meaning Easter is late this year, hence so is our holiday, I'll be there too. A £5.00 kit. Right, curve ball, I think I want a tank ?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
I will be there Ron awaiting my chance to get to boxes if Tony and Dave leave me any room that is.
Your faithful minion
You know I like the stuff from the top shelf and Tony is always rummaging about in the boxes on the floor. That leaves the whole middle for you Ian! I personally can't see why you're moaning. :p

First Name
Steve
not sure about meeting, son has a footy match on Sunday, not sure what time he is playing yet. But defo in on the fiver build if i get to the show