Crash sig please read.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have made a forum for the BUILDS of the second SIG build CRASH!

Remember no building until the first of March but you are welcome to start your thread in the usual manner.

The subject is wide open and can be any main genre you wish, from Auto-Mobil to A Zeppelin. Just as long as it has crashed. Or the crash is obviously imminent if you cant bear to destroy a kit just for the sake of a diorama.

I'm looking for smashed, bashed, bent and crumpled here so get your thinking caps on.

Due to the violent nature of this theme I will allow the use of started models for the "Victim" HOWEVER that to should be presented at the start of the thread.

Any chat and questions in this thread.

I am really looking forward to this one so go for it guys.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Would this SIG include those models that have accidentally smashed into the wall when the builder got them wrong? :lol

Gern

P

Polux

Hi Ian, I'm seriouly thinking to join in!! But 6 months....it's quite short knowing my 'fast' habilities!!! :foodfight:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Crash/ABANDONED is Ok?
That's a very good question from Polux.

I'm thinking of all those abandoned or dumped Luftwaffe aircraft all over Germany at the end of the war. Many of them were either incomplete or an effort had been made to destroy them,lobbing hand grenades into the cockpit was popular.

I wasn't thinking of one of these but if they are in I might do!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, I have an old model, battered and gathering dust, I would like to use it for this build. Would this be acceptable?

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right! From the top:

Polux and Steve:

Abandoned: Yes that would be a good idea and yes it would be fine to build a model on that idea. AS LONG AS IT IS NOT JUST PARKED AND FORGOTTEN!!! That is to say it must be damaged.

blown up, burned out, chopped up with a blow torch even.

Ron:

It says so in the first post so I guess that would be a yes.....

Gern:

Well as long as you promise to do a diorama with you sitting at the desk and throwing it at the wall.......LOL.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, please don't think I'm being awkward or pedantic, but your first post on this thread states it's acceptable to use a 'Started model'.....I was only trying to get a ruling on whether a 'Finished' model was O.K. to use.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fair comment Ron, I just assumed that there would be more members that had an unfinished kit that they will other wise just use as a test bed until the bin it, than members that would trash a perfectly good finished model. If you want to use one, then use one.

Ian M

P

Polux

Hello to all.

I am officially inscribed in the SIG.

I wait don't pass like in the last Gruop Build, that after the first idea I was change non-stop. It will be a diorama very, very small. In there will be a Light Utility Car (crashed/abandoned). I believe that prompt I will write already the thread, and it will be called: 'Crashed Tilly'.

Have fun

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Might I suggest the title Includes you name or nick name...It makes it a lot easier for all to kept track on who is building what.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Okey dokey Ian.

I got an idea, and hopefully six months will be long enough, mmmmmm

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hi all, i'm in on this one and i'm glad we have six months lol. I have too many idea and not enough models, or is that too many models and not enough ideas.

Have fun, John

D

dubster72

I'll have a go at this one if I don't get outbid on fleabay, can't really justify using a ' good ' kit to make it look burnt-out!

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I now have two great ideas!!! So unless I can figure out which one to do, I might end up doing both!!!

Ian M

S

sprayman

I would love to do something for this......is there going to be a special thread for this.....or is there one...if so please show me the link....now to get some ideas...

B

Boldman

Could "Crash" include a "crash" into a mine in a field which blows off a tank track perhaps?

P

Polux

Tomorrow is 1st March!!

We have now...let me see.... One tank, two planes and two light cars!

Nice...

Best regards for all.