Crash sig please read.

B

Boldman

I didn't get a response as to whether hitting a mine constitutes a crash?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry chaps, I have not been paying attention...

Right.

Andrew, I dont think that you can say that a tank crashed into a mine field. However, having driven over the odd mine, I would imagine that the tank would not be looking to happy. So you can do a mine damaged tank. I just hope that you give it a bit more than popping a track....

Ray, if you need a link, here it is: SIG Build - CRASH ! follow the is link and you can start a thread for your build. Not sure if its your cup of tea, but there is also a Vietnam SIG build that has loads of time left in it....

I am sorry if some of you are thinking that I am being a pain in the bum but I am only doing so to try and push the boundaries a bit. Look at this SIG as an opportunity to try some heavy damage modelling and some extreme weathering; Soot, fire, rust, torn up metal....

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then If you have forgotten to change the date on your wrist watch, I would like to inform you all that it is not the 30th Feb. but is indeed the first of March!

It seems there is a bit of uncertainty about what will pass in this one so lets see if we can clear that up a bit:

The Title is CRASH! there is a clue in there some where but lets expand it a little to open it for other not so obvious ideas.

Crashed, shot to to bits, burned out, blown up, on fire (that would be a good one), Abandoned in a way that is obvious that it has not just run out of gas! Or in a situation where we can all see that "that's not going to end well" kind of thing. So dog fight where one of the aircraft is leaving a smoke trail would NOT really cut it. If however the 'plane is two feet from hitting the dirt and the enemy is chasing it down it would.

Due to the cost of kits these days, if you have an older donor kit you would like to use, feel free. Just remember to beat it up a bit.

I hope this clears up a lot of un-asked questions and gives a few more of you the spark to join in the fun. That is after all what its s'posed to be.

Ian M

Right wheres me hammer!

P

Polux

Hi Ian.

A small question... Is it possible to construct another (entire) Kit in the same diorama? I understand that the protagonist is " the crashed one ", it means that this one has to be major that other one? Or can it be simply "lost" for the diorama? Pardon for the inconveniences

Best regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not sure what you mean. What is it you want to do?

You can pm me if you do not want to reveal on here.

IanM

P

Polux

\ said:
Not sure what you mean. What is it you want to do? You can pm me if you do not want to reveal on here.

IanM
Not, not!! There is no problem to reveal my idea!! Even I'm not sure of it, but a serious idea or example is: my crashed tilly in an edge of the road or in a ruinous farm and spending near a German tank (new). Please, don't be flexible with me or you procedure in order that I continues with the diorama!!!

Thanks