Crikey! It's another Kraut 'un

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A bit bigger than Tony's (Yak face) lovely tiddler. No pin holes needed for mottle!

This represents the. Bf 109E-4/N (Wk-Nr 5819) 'Black Chevron and Bars' flown by Oberstleutnant Adolf Galland, Geschwaderkommodore JG 26, December 1940. Tried not to make it too mucky, it was the bosses personal mount after all.

Cheers

Steve

Forgot to say thanks to Mark Styling for his excellent profile. Check them out at http://www.markstyling.com/index.htm

View attachment 19394

View attachment 19395

109one.jpg

109two.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
superb job ,steve, i take it this was gallands during the battle of britain? im not really up on my luftwaffe stuff. i always liked the look of the "E" with the yellow nose and mottling,yours looks great. I managed to get one of the 1/32 scale 21 st century toys bf109 g-14 when they were selling them at home bargains for 1.99,so i might be asking for a bit of advice regarding colours etc (when i get round to doing it!)keep up the excellent output ,cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This looks great Stona. It's a great example of German camouflage, something I need to try in the future..

Colin M..

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Tony. Yes he did fly this aircraft in the BOB. Shortly after the date at which I have represented it the aircraft was handed over to Hubertus von Holtey who commanded the "Erganzungsgruppe" (I think I spelt that right) of JG26. The <-+- was overpainted with von Holtey's double chevron (<<+) but he kept the "abschussbalken" (sort of scoreboard) on the rudder and the Mickey mouse!!!

I'm thinking of doing something tropical next, maybe one of the early Gs. I'm blaming you for sowing that seed lol!

Cheers

Steve

S

Saul Sheldon

Lovely job Stona

I presume the forest disparsal site during a snowy winter (and a shortageof ground equipment) diaroma is all historically accurate as well? :music_too

Cheers, Saul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Lovely job StonaI presume the forest disparsal site during a snowy winter (and a shortageof ground equipment) diaroma is all historically accurate as well? :music_too

Cheers, Saul
Absolutely! an old washing machine top perched on a birdbath in a slightly damp back garden in Birmingham and away you go LOL.

Sometimes my photos feature a "giant" bird table and garden shed for a bit more realism!

On a serious note some of the dioramas I have seen here, mainly done by the armour builders, have got me seriously thinking about trying one myself.

I could always start with one without much in it like this piccy.

Diorama builders stand by for dumb questions!

Steve

Maybe the Spitfire would be a better option

View attachment 19411

View attachment 19412

View attachment 19413

F_Trop_topside.jpg

Spit biggin.jpg

Spitcover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: