Critique Corner: Rules regarding the use of.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
At the suggestion of several members, we will give this a try. However there are some rule which shall be followed.

In the spirit of the Forums these rules are, for a short time, open to amendment. I am writing these purely on the fly and will probably miss something.

Any comments and or suggestions regarding these rules are to be added to this thread.

I do not want to start making dozens of rules so I aim to keep them simple:

1. The original poster, (OP) agrees by posting in this forum that they are entering a build, complete or otherwise, for Critique.
  2. People responding to the OP's post will do so in as a constructive manner as humanly possible. Any posts that are full of negative comments, degrading or otherwise destructive will be removed. Remember it is critique and not criticism
  3. The people responding to the OP's submission must remember that it is not the subject that is up for critique but the building, painting or weathering there of.
  4. Any one breaking these rules will receive a warning via PM. Further infringements will win you a forum warning. If that does not do the trick.....you will be excluded from using this section.
I imagine that the last one will upset some people. but that will remain.

Not a rule but a guide line. Photos posted to this section should be clear and sharp and well lighted. its not a photo contest but we need to be able to see the subject.

Now I hope that these are acceptable and that this section will be used both for the intention it is here and also in typical SM spirit. Friendly and helpful

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That, my good man should keep everybody happy! It doesn't need any more rules, I reckon those four are quite sufficient.

Thank you for sitting in, inwardly digesting and coming up with what I consider to be an excellent compromise.

Thank you again,Ian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Ron.

I know that this forum is not bound down by dozens of rules and the ones above cover it. Time will tell.

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sounds fair and should offer some good advice.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
agree and sounds fair,and not to hard to keep in mind,

ta Ian, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
do we draw attention we think to something on our build to get advice or do we leave it blank so others can drew our attention to things we may missed or both when we post ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I would say if there is something you are not happy about, you could mention it, but that is entirely up to the poster.

My personal thoughts on it? I would have said that what the build threads are for. This is more to get an honest opinion of what others think...

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ian I know what to do thanks for clearing that up :smiling3:

L

Laurie

That is fine Ian but could be always refined if necessary. I do not think that the rules are needed as rules are for the rogues who know no better.

Just add, not a rule but just a thought. A a nice way of putting things it is better to say if it was me I may have done this or that rather than you should have done this.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I do not think that the rules are needed
Normally I would agree wholeheartedly, however this section could very quickly go pear shaped and I think it is good to have a few thinks set is stone before the start.

Hopefully, they will never need to be enforced. Like speeding cameras. They should not be needed but there they are...

Ian M

Reactions: JR
L

Laurie

\ said:
Normally I would agree wholeheartedly, however this section could very quickly go pear shaped and I think it is good to have a few thinks set is stone before the start.Hopefully, they will never need to be enforced. Like speeding cameras. They should not be needed but there they are...

Ian M
Naughty Ian ;) you have taken the quote out of context.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Erm OK. Although I can not see how. You said the rules are not needed, I think they are. Rouges or not.

Ian M

L

Laurie

\ said:
Erm OK. Although I can not see how. You said the rules are not needed, I think they are. Rouges or not.Ian M
Pendentry Ian on my behalf. I was covertly saying that as we were all good fellows :rolleyes:, not rouges, it would be hoped on those terms that rules would not be a necessity.

Laurie

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The rules look good to me, short and simple. As we are all sensible adults hopefully they will never be required.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Not really ivica , normally people just put ‘ comments criticisms welcome’ at the end of a post if they are open to any critique . We’re a very friendly , helpful forum so any criticisms will always be constructive and well meaning , cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am new to the site and those four simple rules fit the bill. when I post a build I always as for comments both good and bad as it is the only way to improve.