Cross of iron Group build

C

Carrie

This is going to be the main kit in my cross of iron gb, unfortunately i don't have a title for my dioramma yet. This kit was stolen ......ahem freely given from my husbands stash.

carrie:babygirl:

View attachment 25323

View attachment 25324

View attachment 25325

View attachment 25326

View attachment 25327

View attachment 25328

View attachment 25329

View attachment 25330

View attachment 25331

View attachment 25332

View attachment 25333

View attachment 25334

View attachment 25335

View attachment 25336

My group build 2.jpg

My group build 12.jpg

My group build 4.jpg

My group build 7.jpg

My group build.jpg

My group build 3.jpg

My group build 10.jpg

My group build 8.jpg

My group build 6.jpg

My group build 9.jpg

My group build 13.jpg

My group build 5.jpg

My group build 11.jpg

My group build 14.jpg

F

Fenlander

Hi Carrie, great to see you taking part again. Looks a good kit, like the photo etch and barrel, makes it a bit more special. Don't worry about a diorama, it is not compulsory if you would rather not. Feel free to have as many "freely given" kits from his stash as ya want, he will never build them all anyway ;)

B

bikerbart

Nice looking kit there Carrie, looking forward to watching the build, regards, Martin :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Welcome aboard Carrie!

Says he who ain't entered the GB yet! Just another 2-3 days left at work to get everything finished then you'll have my undivided attention folks!

Gern

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice looking kit that, had to laugh on how you got this kit though. Nice one, i'll not tell.

Have fun, John

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome aboard Carrie. Lookin forward to seeing this built :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Carrie,

Good Panzer III kit with a great colour scheme and interesting decals, the PE & metal barrel just top it off nicely.

I wouldn't worry about any dio if I were you as this should build into a fine model in it's own right. If you wanted to add a bit more interest perhaps you could add a few German tank riders? This is merely a suggestion and is in no way compulsory!

Something like these fellas...

View attachment 17450

Anyway, nice to have you aboard and all the best with the build.

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 25350

Panzer Riders.jpg

C

Cov1

Hi Carrie

Now this will be interesting as Ive one of those in my stash. Looking forward to seeing more.

All the best Ade

R

rogue-one

hello carrie and welcome to the build. stole a tank from your husband, he he he. i hope you told him you bought one that just happen's to be the same one he had,ehhh has! lol. fill the box with cornfakes when your done and stick it back in the cuboard.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Carrie, just going through the G/B starters and it is great to see you are joining in on this one, as well as the 190 build earlier this year.

Very best of luck with the build and don't take any notice of him. You build it your way, O.K.?

Ron

F

Fenlander

Whoa, steady on Carrie.... I have enough trauma trying to keep up with Scott without you coming along with this and showing me up as well. That is coming along just stunningly... Look at those tracks!!!!! It is gorgeous. Anyone want to buy my kits, I am taking up knitting......

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice build Carrie, looking the business...

Scott had better watch his back, you're getting mighty good at this modelling lark!

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That Panzer III looks the biz Carrie. I see you've got the track sag too, excellent.

Paul

C

Carrie

Further progress

Hi all this is just an update on my progress so far with the group build, i have had a couple of lessons from scott with the air brush and with some supervision i have comleted the main paint work, there are a few touch ups needing done and all the weathering is still to do. The camouflage is finished and i have given the whole tank a very light misty spray of flat earth tamiya paint, i hope you like what i have done so far.

carrie.

View attachment 25788

View attachment 25789

View attachment 25790

View attachment 25791

View attachment 25792

View attachment 25793

Panzer III d.jpg

Panzer III e.jpg

Panzer III c.jpg

Panzer III f.jpg

Panzer III b.jpg

Panzer III a.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Carrie

Well done! The finish is real quality. The 3 tone camo is bang on.

Paul:no1b:

C

Carrie

Thanks a lot my husband scott is teaching me how to use an airbrush which i have to say is quite tricky but with his guidance i will get there.

thanks

carrie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a really worthy addition to the GB Carrie. Excellent work.

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Carrie,

I gotta ask. Are those the original 'rubber band' tracks? If so, how did you get them to 'sag' so realistically?

Gern