Cross of iron Group build

F

Fenlander

That is just superb Carrie. Love the subtle toning down of the camo paint, stops it looking like a psychedelic zebra. Really great work.

C

Carrie

Hi Gern it is the original tracks that came in the box yes and it was a little trick scott showed me add some super glue to the tops of the small wheels and place three fingers one in between each wheel to hold the track in place, once the glue is dry you get the sag in the track.

carrie

F

Fenlander

What do I think? I think you are amazing Carrie. You are taking on and making models that any seasoned modeller would be proud of. Please don't think I am saying this because of you being a female, I am saying it because you are a good modeller, keep going you are an inspiration to us all and a fine example of how hands on help and encouragement can work so well in developing modelling skills in a beginer. Perhaps we should all join clubs as well as the forum in the hope of getting that hands on learning.

The building will be a challange, I have started one and backed off a bit, they are not easy but You go for it, really looking forward to progress pics.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think your tank looks superb. I've never built a house in my life so I'm looking forward to seeing how it's done!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Carrie, somehow I have missed your finished tank, what a sound job you have done on. It looks really nice, congratulations!

I have looked at these MiniArt buildings and have considered getting one, so now I can watch one being built first.....No pressure then? lol

Good luck with this and the rest of your diorama.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Those vac form buildings are not the easiest things to put together but it amazing how much detail they carry. Mini Art do a great job with them. The building looks to be coming along fine and I'm sure the Pz IV will look great alongside it. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

All the best.

Paul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice figures,the ones that aren't wounded look very tough. That house reminds me of a few hotels I've been put in over the years lol.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Carrie this is coming together nicely. The painting of the building is spot on.

The figures are good too, I particularily like the subtle creases in the uniforms, well done.

I made the ammo loading set some time ago, are you going to include the two cats in you diorama? I put just one in mine... If you do make sure Scott is holding on to that savage looking dog!

Good luck with the rest of the build.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Looking great Carrie, I have 16 1:48 figures to do for mine. If you have some spare time, I could send them over??????

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi carrie (and scott!) this is looking great well done. The tank is superb and so is the building and figures itll be great to see it all together (dogs,donkeys theres going to be a lot going on !!) cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Carrie

Nice work with the figures and building, it's all coming together really nicely. I'm looking forward to this it seems as though this dio has got quite a cast!

Keep up the great work.

Paul

C

Carrie

GB dio stage build

Hi all i've now started the diorama and will be doing a stage build so the first stage afer the MDF has been primed with three coats of varnish, i have cut out the terrain features from foam board and stuck them down using PVA glue which has been left for 24hrs to dry. Once this is dry, for the groundwork iam using celluclay because it is what scott had to hand, this is mixed with water and a good dollop of PVA glue.

Once it is applied all over the board i have added stones from the garden and silt for the groundwork which again scott had to hand. The house was added and the floor board were set in place, track wheel marks and foot prints were added to the ground work along with some long grass.

The next stage will follow in 24 hrs tell me what you think so far and any advice will be gratefully received.

carrie

View attachment 26765

View attachment 26766

View attachment 26767

View attachment 26768

View attachment 26769

View attachment 26770

View attachment 26771

View attachment 26772

View attachment 26773

Gb dio stage 1 c.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 i.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 h.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 e.jpg

Gb dio stage 1.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 b.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 d.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 g.jpg

Gb dio stage 1 f.jpg

F

Fenlander

It is looking stunning Carrie, the house really looks the part now it is set in a landscape, really impressive. Keep it up, you are an inspiration to us all.

R

rogue-one

wow, carrie, you've got a lot of work done with this dio, it's looking great. there's so much in there too.... all the figures, the animals and the house, loads of good work going on.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The dio's looking fabulous Carrie, the house and terrain are very realistic.

Great work

Paul