Cruising around in my A9 CS

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A man after my own heart..... You should see some of my builds!
I think it is to easy to get hung up about every thing that should be. For myself I just like to enjoy the build and end up with a hopefully fair representation of what it is supposed to be.
The Paint looks good to me Paul.
Thanks Graeme, that's good enough for me.
Well Scottie, I must say you are doing yourself proud Sir........I "Cruised" through this thread and am amazed at the thought and effort you have put into this build. I'll continue to hang out in the back and see how this goes from here. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick, very kind of you to say mate.
When you do your oil dot method you can change the green to whatever your happy with mate. I do like the spare track additions. Great imagination my friend.

I'm sure you already have this but here is a quick reminder

Colour Sceme
Steve, thanks mate. That was a very useful link and is safely saved for future reference.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Thanks Jakko. I did just use black green first but it didn't look right or as dark as the box illustration, so I darkened it down with Mark black. It is still green but as you say it could be to dark now.
Once you get a wash on the green it will take it down to the right shade, I find the paint offered by the manufacturers for models to be a hit and miss affair. As it sits now, I would leave well enough alone. Remember back then if it said green on the tin, that is what the squaddies used... even we did that when touching up our vehicles in the late '60 and 70's..
Mike.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Once you get a wash on the green it will take it down to the right shade, I find the paint offered by the manufacturers for models to be a hit and miss affair. As it sits now, I would leave well enough alone. Remember back then if it said green on the tin, that is what the squaddies used... even we did that when touching up our vehicles in the late '60 and 70's..
Mike.
Cheers Mike, The matt varnish also lightens the overall finish. The same applied in the 80's as well mate. And if you wanted the paint to look good for a parade it got an oil/kerosene wash.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The body work is nearly done, a final dusting will be done when I decide on a base. I don't want it to be to mucky and it wouldn't be that chipped or damaged as it didn't survive long.

DSCF3112.JPG

The wheels look a bit out of line in the picture but they are not fixed yet.

DSCF3114.JPG

DSCF3115.JPG

DSCF3116.JPG

DSCF3117.JPG

cheers for looking comments or advice welcome.

Scottie

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul,

I apologize for not commenting on this during the course of your build... haven't been on the site for pretty much of this summer...having said that... this is Fantastic work all along the way and of course icing on the cake comes along with your superb paint job. Well Done..you never disappoint :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
I think the paintwork looks just fine. Whilst it is important to get colours right it is far too easy to get hung up over it. It is probably one of the top discussion subjects on forums and often results in quite heated argument.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

That is looking the bees knees...

Very well done indeed.

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,

I apologize for not commenting on this during the course of your build... haven't been on the site for pretty much of this summer...having said that... this is Fantastic work all along the way and of course icing on the cake comes along with your superb paint job. Well Done..you never disappoint :thumb2:
Joe, no worries mate it's good to see you. Thanks for the nice comment, glad you like it.
Hi Scottie
I think the paintwork looks just fine. Whilst it is important to get colours right it is far too easy to get hung up over it. It is probably one of the top discussion subjects on forums and often results in quite heated argument.
Jim
Jim, you are so right mate. While I try to be right ish I am not overly worried. If it looks ok to you then that's good enough for me.
Scottie

That is looking the bees knees...

Very well done indeed.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew appreciate it.
Brilliant mate….just brilliant. Absolutely love the whole thing :cool:
Tim, to kind mate I'm blushing here.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Calling this finished now. I was looking for a tired look but not overly dirty of damaged. I am quite happy with the finish but as always there is always room to improve so all comments good or bad are welcome. Please say if there is something I have missed or could be better. Not including the colours ;)

DSCF3119.JPG

DSCF3120.JPG

DSCF3122.JPG

DSCF3123.JPG

DSCF3124.JPG

DSCF3125.JPG

DSCF3127.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well I’ve run out of superlatives,……..hang on, here’s one…..
Cor, that’s good innit!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautiful work Paul. You have the dirty look off to a tee. A great model and all your additions have made it stand out from the crowd. One to be proud of my friend

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Calling this finished now. I was looking for a tired look but not overly dirty of damaged. I am quite happy with the finish but as always there is always room to improve so all comments good or bad are welcome. Please say if there is something I have missed or could be better. Not including the colours ;)

View attachment 437717

View attachment 437718

View attachment 437719

View attachment 437720

View attachment 437721

View attachment 437722

View attachment 437723

cheers
Scottie
Just the job, now leave it alone, will look even better on a base.
Mike.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Looks great on my phone..... Can only wait to see what it looks like on a proper screen!!

ATB.

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well I’ve run out of superlatives,……..hang on, here’s one…..
Cor, that’s good innit!
Thanks Tim, praise indeed.
Excellent :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko appreciate it.
Beautiful work Paul. You have the dirty look off to a tee. A great model and all your additions have made it stand out from the crowd. One to be proud of my friend
Steve, very kind of you thank you.
Just the job, now leave it alone, will look even better on a base.
Mike.
Thanks Mike, working on a simple base as we speak.
Paul

Looks great on my phone..... Can only wait to see what it looks like on a proper screen!!

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew it will look better on the phone ;)
Paul it has to be a

View attachment 437747

Congratulations from the committee here at Race Towers.
Thanks John and the committee. I would like to thank my manager, my barber and the moose trainer for making this all possible.
Especially love the weathering effects Paul, nicely done Sir !
Cheers Ron very kind of you.