SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Coming on very nicely indeed Paul.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew very kind of you.
Excellent detail work as always. That tensioning spring is a thing of beauty!
Tim, thanks mate, I had to add it as the kit plastic one was not very good at all.
HI Scottie well sorry i missed this as im not a tankie person but ive just looked right through your build an wow your build an the exrta bits like the springs an hingers on the turret an the copper handeles really set your work off an im really impressed keep goin an keep up your good work
an impressed chris
Chris many thanks mate. But the details on this pail compared with the details on your build.
Up to your usual meticulous excellence, will be following your build as usual.
Carry on!

View attachment 436978 Jim.
Jim, Good to see you mate and very kind of you to say.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul just having a look through, this caught my eye, what did you use as it looks like material ? Not the PE !
But the strap
DSCF3100.JPG
Do you employ small spiders to do this ? :smiling3::nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul just having a look through, this caught my eye, what did you use as it looks like material ? Not the PE !
But the strap
View attachment 437160
Do you employ small spiders to do this ? :smiling3::nerd:
John,
Ron is right it's strips of Tamyia masking tape dusted with talc to allow it to be passed through the PE buckle. No spiders just a lot of swearing lol.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I think the dark green looks too black — the model now looks like it’s a modern (1970s to present) British tank, rather than one from 1940. The real things were painted in Khaki Green G3 with Dark Green G4 over it, and going by the colour chips in one of Mike Starmer’s books on the subject, the contrast between the two was not all that great. He gives colour mixes for them as 5× Humbrol 155 Olive Drab + 1× Humbrol 10 Service Brown for khaki green, and 8× Revell 361 Olive Green + 1× Revell 8 Matt Black for the dark green.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Paul, thanks to you and Ron re the tape. Neat idea:nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think the dark green looks too black — the model now looks like it’s a modern (1970s to present) British tank, rather than one from 1940. The real things were painted in Khaki Green G3 with Dark Green G4 over it, and going by the colour chips in one of Mike Starmer’s books on the subject, the contrast between the two was not all that great. He gives colour mixes for them as 5× Humbrol 155 Olive Drab + 1× Humbrol 10 Service Brown for khaki green, and 8× Revell 361 Olive Green + 1× Revell 8 Matt Black for the dark green.
Thanks Jakko. I did just use black green first but it didn't look right or as dark as the box illustration, so I darkened it down with Mark black. It is still green but as you say it could be to dark now.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Coming on very nicely indeed. Like the camo effect even if according to Jakko is a bit dark.

It looks very good indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Scottie. As to the colours, not sure what period you are going for, but that looks accurate for a late 1941 SCC2 number 2/ Dark Tarmak number 4 disruptive pattern. Like this…
A9C2501E-8947-4894-95FF-B4A39F773495.jpeg

These colours replaced the original khaki green 3 and dark green G4 disruptive pattern from late 1941. This is the end of the A9 lifespan, but could have been seen…..the original pre 1941 scheme looked something like this….
8ACC788E-ACA7-4AAE-BCA2-BDBD587B2CC3.jpeg
Hope this helps…
Cheers
Tim

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
You must have X ray vision Paul lol

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie

Coming on very nicely indeed. Like the camo effect even if according to Jakko is a bit dark.

It looks very good indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers mate, as everyone knows I have never been historically accurate.
No spiders around this place Paul, John's torched them all by now
No spiders just eye strain and a shaking hand.
Looking very good in the war paint Paul.
Ian, thanks mate now the fun part, weathering.
Looks great Scottie. As to the colours, not sure what period you are going for, but that looks accurate for a late 1941 SCC2 number 2/ Dark Tarmak number 4 disruptive pattern. Like this…
View attachment 437276

These colours replaced the original khaki green 3 and dark green G4 disruptive pattern from late 1941. This is the end of the A9 lifespan, but could have been seen…..the original pre 1941 scheme looked something like this….
View attachment 437277
Hope this helps…
Cheers
Tim
Cheers Tim, I will have to check which vehicle I am representing. As I said to Andrew I have never been to worried about historical accuracy as long as it's not outrageously wrong.
You must have X ray vision Paul lol
Bob, now wouldn't that be cool.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Scottie, I must say you are doing yourself proud Sir........I "Cruised" through this thread and am amazed at the thought and effort you have put into this build. I'll continue to hang out in the back and see how this goes from here. :thumb2: Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
When you do your oil dot method you can change the green to whatever your happy with mate. I do like the spare track additions. Great imagination my friend.

I'm sure you already have this but here is a quick reminder

Colour Sceme