Crusader dusted off.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
4121a940.jpg

Thought that you would like to see some pictures taken today of my old American Gyro Company AG-4 Crusader,please excuse the knocks and bumps plus signs of repairs but she is now over 40 years old and is in retirement ! perhaps this year I will make another example using the experience gained with this one.

One thing that does surprise me is the condition of the tissue paper,she was painted in Butyrate red dope and unlike a lot of my earlier models where the tissue has rotted and needed restoration this one is perfect,it is good to look back at your model building from yesteryear and note the improvments made in your future models,it is a real learning curve as we all strive for building better models as the years go on.

So put up with a few tissue creases that you can detect. :shhhh:

D

duncan

Great stuff ! Glad to see your workshop is as bad/good as mine! I THINK Santa has sent a copy of the Crusader book to me,hasnt arrived yet but......I`ve been a good boy she says, so must clean that room !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Great stuff ! Glad to see your workshop is as bad/good as mine! I THINK Santa has sent a copy of the Crusader book to me' date='hasnt arrived yet but......I`ve been a good boy she says, so must clean that room ![/quote']*** Yes workrooms are great eh Duncan ! I love to see pictures of models in their workshop environment with all of the clutter associated with model building,but if I tidy all of that lot up then I will never find anything again.

I think that a workshop has a trademark for that particular builder.