Custom Chopper, Revell 1/12

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i plan on joining in this GB, although im not going to be able to actually do anything for a few days

i was going to do a Tamiya Suzuki Katana but i picked this up on ebay a week ago. i love these kits by Revell, done several in the range over the year's, in fact ive even done Aces Wild before

dont plan on doing this one as the box art tho......thinking of metallic green at the moment, with the green/black flash decals

the nice thing about these kits is the options you get..........2 tanks, 2 sets of wheels, 2 primary covers and air filters, 2 different decal choices.....and since ive done a few in the past of got plenty of spares to mix 'n match

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one and I look forward to seeing how this turns.

Ian M

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ive seen those figures before........look good on a sports or race bike...........but im crap at figures :emo:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good choice........ There's going to be some great stuff on the GB.

Peter

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking forward to this one, just keep Paul senior out the build room lol.

Have fun, John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
just keep Paul senior out the build room lol.
no chance of him getting a look in..........im afraid OCC seriously un-impress me lol lol

now the pod racer is done i can concentrate on this, still not decided on the colour.....might go metallic green or yellow even

C

CDW

Yellow with satin black engine/wheels etc would look smart.

Maybe a few polished aluminium covers here and there?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
finally managed to get some bench time and make some progress

didnt like the air filters that come with this.....its a choice of a ace of spades or maltese cross designs, so i stole one off an old one of these bikes i did years ago, its round and had a flame design which has been sanded off, and then de-chromed

wasnt too fussed about the primary cover either as it also had the same sort of designs....so i found a spare in the bits box, sanded that smooth and im going to try spraying it silver........or matt black

not sure about the paint........i love the colour but it hasnt gone on too well......think its a combination of the hot weather and the can being a bit low pressure for some reason (unused but old can). going to give it til tomorrow to dry well, a light sanding then the cans going to get a mega shaking followed by a sit in hot water to boost the pressure

P

Polux

The color looks fine to me, maybe with the gloss varnish coat looks a bit different.

Cheers

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so all the bits got another coat of yellow, then a clear coat.....much better now

started work on some of the other bits,......engine put together and done a bit of wiring, brake discs been drilled out

not be able to do much for a few days now

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
............ and you drilled the discs ???? ........... Now that is dedication :respect4:

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
lol...its actually a really easy job......just really boring!.......about 160 0.2mm holes......about 30 mins work

First Name
Jason
Ooh, drilled discs! :goodidea: It might turn up on a certain Yamaha!! Cracking job so far Paul.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
got the motor and rear fender fitted

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Wow, that is looking nice Paul, love the colour bud. Still don't know what colour i'm doing mine yet lol. Yes, I've started to drill the discs out but went cross eyed lol.

Have fun, John

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
got the motor and rear fender fitted
The Chrome and Yellow go really well together ...... Good stuff.

Peter