Custom O Scale Wood Reefer

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Lee, that is some big difference. That is going to be a beauty when you git 'er done!
Will it be road specific or a generic reefer car?
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Rick
It’s going to be a Armour meats. I for got to post the decals for it. I ran out of styrene going have to order some more and some Hinges. Thanks for stopping by and the complement

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progressLee, Is this a mechanical reefer or will it have hatches for ice? Cheers, Rick H.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's some seriously nice work Lee. What's a Reefer? I work on the railway in the UK so I was wondering how it compares with anything we do or have used.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good......always nice to have something totally unique to you running around your layout.....

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks Wood Reefers are mostly Ice bunks. These were phased out by the 60s. Thanks for the complement

Mick. Andy said it all

Peter. Thanks for stopping by and the complement I’m glad you like it it means a lot from you so I must be doing something right

Ralph. Thanks for the complement sounds like a man with experience with a Reefer lol

Tim. Thanks for stopping by and the complement and your right about that and knowing you made it makes it better

Guys
Thanks for the likes and complements I’m sorry I’m not building Military at this time I just don’t have the interest at moment. I need to get some things done on the layout I’ve neglected for years

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Like Mick says +1 I don't have any sort of layout, so I'm more than happy to watch your develop. Nice work on the wagon.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee, really impressive work on the conversion. Like the door gear especially when against the side walls. I can see your really enjoying doing it .
If it wasn't a refrigerated unit you could have had Yorkshire Tea on it .:smiling2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What??!! You have never heard of Yorkshire instant frozen tea???:tongue-out::tongue-out2::tongue-out3:!!!
Cheers, Rick H.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin. Thanks for the complement and encouraging words your more than welcome to follow

John. Thanks for stopping by and the complement I’m going to try to make some decals for one

Rick. That’s funny freezed dried

• Haha
Reactions: JR