not sick just a sign of a miss spent youth

and they are easy to paint.....well sort of

M

mobear

sort of................ they arent big figures and you put a face on them lol

mobear

J

Jazz

lol, true, cant argue with that........think the next one i paint will have this face :nana:

B

Boldman

I had a load of figures all painted up several years ago including trolls, skellies and zombies plus lots of character figures. I'm trying to think where the hell they are now? I think they might be at the house of the friend we used to play at, but I haven't seen him in about 3 years lol

This is the only figure I've got left I think (apart from the big reg dragon I've shown before on here)

I used to enjoy painting these, but that was before my eyesight deteriorated!

I still meet up with friends once a month to play D&D, well thats the excuse, in reality we tend to spend half the evening gossiping and having a laugh and half of it playing D&D, but then thats what its all about - its as much an excuse to get together socially as it is a game, something that is missing from computer games, even the MMO games that I used to play a lot over the years...

Last edited:
C

CDW

Forgotten about this thread :smiling3:

Maybe not so "sick" Ole .... maybe a little "sad" though .....

definitly a miss-spent youth eh jason? :smiling3:

View attachment 46419View attachment 46420

A few close ups.

View attachment 46421View attachment 46422

All the "figures" we play D&D with are in the loft (in nice padded boxes) along with their charactor sheets and assosciated books etc, not had a game in ages ... must remedy that:smiling3:

View attachment 49428

View attachment 49429

View attachment 49430

View attachment 49431

20120614_093155.jpg

20120614_093405.jpg

20120614_093529.jpg

20120614_093646.jpg

M

mobear

just fantastic what you have achieved with these figures

mobear

D

Dour

I love those hirelings of Jazz - something else to search for on Ebay.

Colin, that wizard looks familiar - is that from Talisman or Heroquest or one of the sets Citadel that made figures for?

P

Polux

Hi to all!!

That big recollections to see these photos!!

Thinking and remembering ... there wanted to ask, if you allow me, a question that pass to my companions and I. It does many years, when we were playing principally RPG (role playing games), a (Spanish) madman kill someone with a sword (katana) and when they was arrested he said, that he was playing to role!!! All change at the time, and we turn into rare(strange), disturbed and bad persons, from the night to the day...

For a long time, the young persons that we were playing this, we were very bad "catalogued"...

Here in England you pass something similar? Or was like any other normal game?

J

Jazz

maybe we should set mobear a challenge and see how he would paint one and see what her would come up with.......are you up for a challenge? would be good for a laugh

M

mobear

okay guys let me finish lusty first,then i may take up the challenge mwahahahahaha(<---madmans laugh)lol

mobear

B

Boldman

Yes Polux its still happening when someone does something violent "Oh he was playing those violent computer games so they must have made him do it", but back in the day it was "Oh he plays those Dungeons and Dragons games so he must be evil and sick". The blame is laid at the game rather than the person.

What these idiots fail to realise is that sadly there are nutters in society and it may be that those nutters are attracted to those games and it may be that some of those nutters (myself included ;) ) find enough satisfaction in those games so that they don't need to be viloent in real life. However there may also be those nutters to whom it isn't enough and they go on to do stupid things. It wasn't the games that made them do it, it was THEMSELVES who made them do it.

J

Jazz

totally agree with what you are saying Boldman, there are some nutters out there that are attracted to these games, but i sort of disagree with taking it into real life....lol.....i did.....

M

mobear

i love FPS games,but i`m not going out to buy a hand gun and machine gun to blast people,its only a game lol

mobear

J

Jazz

bugger the small arms stuff.......if your are going to do it......do it big with a bang..lol

Just in case you want to known i am the one in the first pic with the mc hammer trousers

Last edited:
M

mobear

is that a ciggie in your mouth?and your playing with gunpowder?i like you lol

mobear