D-Day Air Assault

First Name
Jason
Been pulling my hair out lately trying to wrestle the 1/24 Spitfire into a recognisable shape and suffering a little from lost mojo. During a recent expedition to the LMS for supplies I spotted this. I picked it up, put it down and then picked it back up again. Not my normal scale but I just fancied something I could build quickly oob. I've got until the end of the year haven't I :smiling3:

View attachment 87998

The Typhoon sprues are flash free and very well moulded, nice deep panel lines and some crisp detail.

View attachment 87999

Likewise the truck sprues. The detail on the motorcycle is superb.

View attachment 88000

Then there's these little guys!!! Moulded from some weird squidgy materialo_O not even sure how to go about tackling these... Is this normal?

View attachment 88001

Vac formed base looks OK needs some scatter and additional texture I think but straight forward enough. Probably gonna need to fix it to a more solid base as it's a bit warped.

View attachment 88002

Nicely printed decals but might paint the D-Day stripes.

View attachment 88003

And finally the normal Airfix instructions with colour paint guide.

View attachment 88004

Quite happy with what was in the box. Obviously the paints have gone straight in the bin but for £22.50 I think its good value from Airfix.

Just as an aside should we have an Airfix Starter Kit group build next year. Any subject but has to be built using only what comes in the box:D

Thanks for looking

Jason

DSC_0583.JPG

DSC_0584.JPG

DSC_0585.JPG

DSC_0586.JPG

DSC_0588.JPG

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0590.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice , that typhoon is a lovely kit you get the option to to show the gun bays :smiling3:

P

Polux

I saw it the other day on my model shop.

Looks really well Jason ;)

Mmmmm....you have give me an idea :D maybe I will try a little Thyphoon during the 1/24 SSIG, just for try paint effects, camouflage and others :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i like the looks of that whole dio, and should be a fun build as well

look forward to see it come together ;)

D

dubster72

I'd like to have a go at the Typhoon, it looks a great kit. I'll watch this one with interest Jason.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Look forward to seeing this one Jason, looks like a nice collection. Yes, the figures look normal to me for Airfix.