D-Day LCVP.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Guy
Your little touches have made this into a very nice looking build. Looking forward to more of the same.

John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guy...I'm craning my neck trying to see over these guys who are starting a crowd. I echo the same comments as them. It doesn't look plastic and that's a positive. You have a real LCVP in your back yard and taking pictures of them aren't you. :thinking::smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

A

Armorguy

Richard, I wish my friend, a real LCVP in my back yard sound like a dream to me. Many thanks for your supportive comments, I appreciate them a lot.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
a real LCVP in my back yard sound like a dream to me
It's not an LCVP, but a close modern(ish) equivalent:

Westkapelle-Polderhuis-oorlogsmuseum.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
:smiling2:Jakko, that reminds me of a modified canal boat.
I’ve never been on one of those, but from what I’ve seen of them on TV, this one is a little bit wider :smiling3: Though once you get into the crew compartment, probably not much bigger.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very, very nice work Guy.
I've a couple of LCAs in the stash and I'm hoping to give those the same kind of attention to detail.
Your metal finish is truly impressive. This will look great when the paint goes on!

Cheers
Paul

A

Armorguy

Jakko, thanks for the oddball LCVP photo. Is that a WWII era LCVP ?

Thank you friends.

24.jpg

20180601_160509.jpg

First Name
Wouter
Guyke, I won't say much because words probably won't tell my emotions when looking at this. The only thing I will say is YUMMIE :D

Keep it up, now the real fun will almost commence!

Cheers

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Guy

That's the DB's mate. A wonderful finish. Cant wait to see the 40 guys with full kit in the back:smiling:

Steve

A

Armorguy

Steve, thanks mate, you'll have to be patient, I'm a very slow figure painter.:smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko, thanks for the oddball LCVP photo. Is that a WWII era LCVP ?
(Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed it.) No, it’s a post-war LCVP, if I’m not mistaken an (NL)LCVP Mk. II. The marking on the bow is spurious, and only there because of photos taken perhaps a hundred metres behind where the photographer was when taking the picture I posted earlier:

westkapelle_2.jpg