D-DAY Normandy 1944 (1st inf division ) young miniatures 1/10 bust with a twist.

R

RichardMo

I have not got much done these past few days but here is what I did finish. Still a lot to do on the face but getting there.
RICK.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Great stuff Rick. I really like those flesh tones.

R

RichardMo

Thank you, Greg and the rest of you gentlemen.
I asked Mr. Peter Day for a little advise on painting and he gave me some great tips. I took a week to try and learn his suggestions and I practice on some spare heads. I am very happy that Peter helped as I have seen a big change in the way I approach it. Have not got much done on the bust but what I did was to finish the head and start on the inner shirt , then the jacket. I used the same approach on the uniform as the face.
Again thank you Peter Day for all your advise.
RICK.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: JR
R

RichardMo

Thank you Sir, it is going rather slow , but I am learning a whole new technique. I have done a little more today and it's time for dinner so im stepping away for the evening I will pick up the brush again tomorrow with fresh eye's. Here's what was finished today
RICK

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress Rick, I find figure painting very hard, so it's nice to see how you handle it :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Isn't there a scene showing Bangalores being used in 'The Longest Day'?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Looking very good. Turning resin into cloth - clever painting :thumb2:
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick .
Apologies for a late arrival, just had a read through, my word that is some painting.
Good old :smiling3: for Peter offering some tips, you have certainly taken them on board.
John.

R

RichardMo

Thank you guys for the kind words .
John Peter did offer his insight and it was of great help. I didn't see it the way he did and when I tried it I really liked the tones I achieved.
I didn't think I was to bad a painter before but I always thought I was missing something. he help me find that.
I just took some pictures of my latest progress got both arms started and the life preserver finished . the gas mask is also finished. the letters and the ordinance logo took me forever to paint. I hope you gents like it so far.
Rick.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RichardMo

Thank all you fine Gentlemen for your kind words and comments .Well I almost finished it and decided to end it with a few more pictures. I need to tidy up the arm holding the bangelore torpedo. but these will be the finish pictures. hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did doing it .
RICK.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nice indeed Rick - the detailing is superb. I do admire your painterly style as well - really nice brushwork. Well done.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
fantastic... it's really realistic... the skin tones are very subtle

R

RichardMo

thank you
Peter,Jim and BigGreg it has been fun to do a small conversion and trying the new ideas that Peter showed me was refreshing.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick . Agree with the others, a stunning piece of work , you should be proud. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
John.

R

RichardMo

thank you John. I am rather pleased with it. also thank you for the step by step in casting it was very informative. I ordered some and going to try my hand at it
Rick

R

RichardMo

well shoot I guess spelling is not my strongest suit lol.your right I found a few showing it as an e but 100s with an A .show I will be replacing it.thanks for your eagle eye as I want to.make it as accurate as possible.
Rick