D.H.Venom FB4

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Here are a couple of (slightly furry) photos of a Venom I Finished the other week. The Kit is Classic Airframes 1/48 kit.

Xtracrylics for the paint and Alclad satin clear for the finish. Metal bits are in Alclad II White alu.

Post shaded this one and although the flash has killed it in the photos, It looks pretty good. I'm learning!

View attachment 33799 View attachment 33800 View attachment 33801 View attachment 33798

Thanks for looking and comments are as always welcome.

Ian M

View attachment 38465

View attachment 38466

View attachment 38467

View attachment 38468

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

First Name
Dave
Nice build Ian.It looks good in the Suez campaign stripes.

A

andyrobs

Hi Ian, great build mate, very impressive!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely clean build ian , i love the vampires and venoms. Nice work on the camo , did you mask it or do it freehand? cheers tony

K

Kressy13

Hi Ian, That is a great looking Venom. They do look quite awesome head on. Their was a Vampire at the Avalon air show this year. Quite unique to see it flying with a Sabre. This might be a daft question but what is the difference between a Venom and a Vampire?

Cheers

Kresten

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Tony! The camoflage was freehand. I did resort to masking tape for the black/Yellow strips though lol.

Kressy, I thing that the most of the differences are internal but out side the tail fins are different. Other than that I am not to sure.

Ian M

B

beav1013

very nice build looks great with the yellow/black stripes. never saw that before. great job.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice model and not a subject I've seen much of.

Colin M.....

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
very nice build looks great with the yellow/black stripes.
Very nice job Ian,It's good to see these early(ish) jets.

The stripes as Dave W says were for the Suez invasion (Musketeer).

As a 'by the way' and contrary to what I have read on another forum beginning with H they were not applied to helicopters. I know because my dad flew one from HMS Theseus and he said they never had time to get them on. I have photographs of him standing by his helicopter surrounded by some very tough looking gentlemen from 45 Commando,Royal Marines,who are about to be airlifted to Port Said for the assault. There are indeed no stripes.

Cheers

Steve