DAF 380 ATI Tractor

First Name
Charles
This is my first 1 / 24 scale truck ever. This is a DAF 380ati Space cab, an old kit. The kit went together quite well except for some minor issues with battery box, which did not fit well. I also had problems with the painting that caused a rough surface on the passenger side. But besides that, it was a fun kit to build. Hope you all like it. I'm still adding little details every now and then.

:smiling3: :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks pretty good to me. It's nice to see one of these large scale trucks with some dirt on it! I have no objections to shiny trucks mind - it's just a change to see one looking like it's actually working for a living rather than sitting in a show somewhere.

Gern

First Name
Charles
Thanks. If you know me and my work, then you know I love my models dirty, otherwise, it's not worth modeling. :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Charles! Been a while but worth the wait.

I agree that its nice to see a truck that has been used. Excellent weathering.

Ian M

H

Hunty22

Great job, how do you get the flaky/rusty paint look? It looks brilliant.

Steve

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Great job, how do you get the flaky/rusty paint look? It looks brilliant.Steve
Thanks. The chipping was super simple. Paint black, then wait for an hour or so, then paint silver. Wait about 20- 30min, then take a sharp hobby knife and scrap away carefully until you get the effect you' looking for.

First Name
Mike
Very nice work, and great weathering. Turning the front wheels slightly and angling the model on the base make the whole composition much more dynamic.

J

JD450A

Wow,

This is really the sort of model that captures my (and hopefully other peoples) Imagination, and I think the fact it's just the tractor unit adds to that. It could be at work almost anywhere in the world working in dry weather, It could be used on a construction project or offroad haulage. It certainly looks like it's been working hard although it's been looked after by it's driver despite a horrific enviromment

It's the first model truck I've looked at here, and I'm amazed. Certianly models look better in working clothes than shiny show trucks. Really first class.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Wow,This is really the sort of model that captures my (and hopefully other peoples) Imagination, and I think the fact it's just the tractor unit adds to that. It could be at work almost anywhere in the world working in dry weather, It could be used on a construction project or offroad haulage. It certainly looks like it's been working hard although it's been looked after by it's driver despite a horrific enviromment

It's the first model truck I've looked at here, and I'm amazed. Certianly models look better in working clothes than shiny show trucks. Really first class.
Appreciate the kind and imaginative thoughts. :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Very nice work, and great weathering. Turning the front wheels slightly and angling the model on the base make the whole composition much more dynamic.
I thought so too. Thanks.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Absolutely stunning, I've now seen your Magnum and 'Proud' Landrover models and I am in awe of your work...
Thanks for the support Andy. Glad you like it.