Daimler Dingo (Tamiya. 1:35. 1972 kit)

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Calling the vehicle and base finished now. I do have figures to add, and I'll probably repost in dioramas once completed. No major issues with the kit or build. Usual Tamiya quality, even for a kit near 50 years old. A few major omissions, such as the radio etc. Forgivable for a kit that age.
I'm quite happy with the result, especially after a thirty year layoff from builds. Many thanks to all the members here for advice, hints and tips. All much appreciated, and added to the build:
If anyone is interested in the build it's here.
IMG_20210921_183733155_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210921_183743813_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210921_183753339_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210921_183802047_HDR.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
If that's you first one in thirty years it's turned out really well,a few more under your belt and you'll be doing some blinding stuff mate. Good job :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Top notch work indeed!!

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Top notch work indeed!!
Thank you Andrew. Much appreciated.
I hope you had the chance to see the two of these at Bovington? They had one in the mini display arena, and another among those on the main field. Invaluable for me for details, such as the aerials.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thank you Andrew. Much appreciated.
I hope you had the chance to see the two of these at Bovington? They had one in the mini display arena, and another among those on the main field. Invaluable for me for details, such as the aerials.
Hi Dale, saw the one in the main arena not not the mini arena. There was just too much to see in one day if you include the museum... And even then we didn't get to see the whole of the museum property....

It was a great day though.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks impressive, I'd be happy to have that showing off on a shelf!

Lee

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Dale. Great base as well. Nice to see you showing that the desert isn’t all yellow sand….

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Excellent work Dale. Great base as well. Nice to see you showing that the desert isn’t all yellow sand….
The texture was a bit of a happy accident tbh. Someone recommended bird sand for a desert base and I accidentally picked up the one with crushed sea shell added. After I'd scattered it though, I really liked the effect, and decided to keep it. It gives a great variety of colour and texture.
As you rightly say "desert" covers a lot of different terrains from just sand, through rocky crags and soil, to the icy wastes of the Arctic. It's the (near) absence of rain that defines terrain as a desert.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The texture was a bit of a happy accident tbh. Someone recommended bird sand for a desert base and I accidentally picked up the one with crushed sea shell added. After I'd scattered it though, I really liked the effect, and decided to keep it. It gives a great variety of colour and texture.
As you rightly say "desert" covers a lot of different terrains from just sand, through rocky crags and soil, to the icy wastes of the Arctic. It's the (near) absence of rain that defines terrain as a desert.
Will have to remember that one!!

ATB

Andrew