"Damn! Just whitewashed my tank and its started to rain!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A spontaneous coming together bit of light hearted fun.......

This morning when I was in the workshop doing a bit more to my Rorke's Drift model, I came across an old and long forgotten diorama base.

I've been looking for an excuse to paint over the experimental, but too big 'Disc' cammo. spots on a 1/72 Panther tank I've built.

So this afternoon I coated the frosty tank in a getting hit with rain and washing off the whitewash kind'a way using children's 'In the Tube' watered down white acrylic and then placed it on the snowy base.

Please understand it was just a spur of the moment, almost fun build, which I did in my den earlier trying to warm up from being outside, so there is no thought to tank accuracy etc.

The base is just bits and bobs painted with household white emulsion and some filler powder. The tank is an Italeri 2 in a box Panther.

Here you go and no sniggering please. Matron wouldn't like it!

P1210728.JPG

P1210729.JPG

P1210730.JPG

P1210731.JPG

P1210732.JPG

I hope you like a 'Quicky'..... :flushed:!

Cheers.
Ron

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
That's just the finish I want but can't get! Closest I've had is using off-white water-colour and washing off with.....water.
Jon.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word 570 that looks the thing. Always like you r back drops, they do bring a lot to the overall photo.

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top work that man , as always thoughtfully posed and photographed , the whitewash is excellent . I do love a quickie!! ( although these days for me a quickie means having a pee in less than five minutes!!)
Regards charlie peace

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
As always you have a real knack for great ideas and great photos. Piccies 2 and 3 look almost real.
Jim