Dan & Andy's ICM 1/35 Early Bergepanther Build.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
It'll be mine mostly. Thanks to the generosity of The Smythe Meister I have another Bergepanther to abuse. Thanks Andy.

Vm3vg8p.jpg

Thanks to my previous experiences I have invested in a set of these.

EpChteT.jpg

If all goes well I may buy a set for my Italeri Bergepanther.

What Andy sent was an abandoned project and to be honest he's done a lovely job on the wheels & lower hull so I'll just continue from where he left off.

afr9dxJ.jpg

I'm going to do a vague representation of the interior that will be visible through the wooden turret hatch so I've assembled some bits & bobs from the parts bin.

cSok4nP.jpg

This one's going to be another abused work horse, I just can't help myself. I'll try not to take 6 months over this one though.

Thanks, Dan

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
I look forward to seeing what you do with this. Used and abused may be slightly overdone in some cases but it sure looks good and adds interest. :thumb2:
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ll keep an eye on this one. The tracks are good, crisp and well detailed. I used some on a Panther build a few years ago.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dan,
One thing to check now, that a short run of Tamiya tracks fits on the sprocket, as in pitch of tracks and teeth locating..... i know from cross kitting this could come up, best check now
Nick
Good point... I had that issue the one time I've used individual link tracks.

Jakko I think it was suggested a solution to this that worked quite well.

Basically you you cut off two or three of the drive sprockets teeth, get the track in place, then trim the bottom of the teeth square and then you can slide them back into the gaps in the tracks.

Just a thought!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Good point... I had that issue the one time I've used individual link tracks.

Jakko I think it was suggested a solution to this that worked quite well.

Basically you you cut off two or three of the drive sprockets teeth, get the track in place, then trim the bottom of the teeth square and then you can slide them back into the gaps in the tracks.

Just a thought!

Keep up the great work.

AndrewAndrewA suggestion i would put forward too.... removing sprocket teeth and bond links on
Nick

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Dan,
One thing to check now, that a short run of Tamiya tracks fits on the sprocket, as in pitch of tracks and teeth locating..... i know from cross kitting this could come up, best check now
Nick
I hope it's not a bridge I'll have to cross but I'm sure we'll come up with a solution between us all !

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey Dan!!.....
Only saw this very recently,and great to see it on the go:thumb2:,
After seeing your most excellent Famo build I`m sure you`ll make a superb job of it mate:cool:,
As for my efforts on the initial stages.... very kind of you to mention it,but that was then,this is now.... you`ll improve my stuff no end i reckon.....
.... Following along all the way:hugging-face:
Andy

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Hey Dan!!.....
Only saw this very recently,and great to see it on the go:thumb2:,
After seeing your most excellent Famo build I`m sure you`ll make a superb job of it mate:cool:,
As for my efforts on the initial stages.... very kind of you to mention it,but that was then,this is now.... you`ll improve my stuff no end i reckon.....
.... Following along all the way:hugging-face:
Andy

I'll try to do both it & the Miniart tank crew justice.

:smiling4: