Dan & Andy's ICM 1/35 Early Bergepanther Build.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Over a month & all I've just managed is a couple of hours on it today.

Painted the tyres. I hate painting tyres...

cV8fVdj.jpg

Also, made an attempt at a Panther interior, or at least amidships, anyway. The wooden hatch will be open & damaged so I thought I should have a bash.

You still won't really see it but better leaving it standard.

4X2ruz9.jpg

Hopefully check in again before Christmas !!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
Wheels are not the most fun part of a build :rolling: The interior will be fine. No point in going mad for something which will hardly be seen. Just don't want an empty space.
Jim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ha!! "Dan and Andy`s Bergepanther" !! :tears-of-joy: .........
...... I`ll just sit back and watch the progress whilst soaking up the compliments,and taking some of the credit, given by guys as you go,whilst actually contributing Jack then eh?!! :thumb2:....... sounds good to me!
Wheels,..... wheels,wheels,wheels........... a most tedious stage for sure,but pretty much out of the way now:thumb2:,
Following all the way mate,
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dan,
Looking good mate, painting road wheels is always a pain. I found that putting them on a cocktail stick allows you to spin them while holding the brush still they get done quite quickly.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As bad as tracks with that many wheels Dan ,
It's the assembly that I found the hardest .
But when done they do look good .
Keep it going , which Christmas did you mean by the way :smiling3:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don't spray or mask wheels; strangely I find the discipline of brush painting (as well as possible) vaguely therapeutic - one side today, second side tomorrow, distress and weather at leisure! etc I find it somehow imparts a tonal variation (how posh does that sound!) that contributes to the overall effect. And ... it makes the build last longer and hence more entertainment for the same money! (Sad, I know!)
Steve

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I don't spray or mask wheels; strangely I find the discipline of brush painting (as well as possible) vaguely therapeutic - one side today, second side tomorrow, distress and weather at leisure! etc I find it somehow imparts a tonal variation (how posh does that sound!) that contributes to the overall effect. And ... it makes the build last longer and hence more entertainment for the same money! (Sad, I know!)
Steve
Weirdo !!! ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don't spray or mask wheels; strangely I find the discipline of brush painting (as well as possible) vaguely therapeutic
I don’t usually spray them either, but I wouldn’t call painting them with a brush (which is what I normally do too) therapeutic, relaxing, fun or anything else in that direction. More a necessary evil :smiling3: