Danger UXB

S

SAS007

Hi all

As the theme for the Scottish Nationals is "Battle of Britain" I had this idea as to what I'd like to do.

Most people will be thinking about aircraft so I thought I'd do something different so here are some pictures of my rendition of "Danger UXB"

Found very few pictures on the web so worked with 3 or 4 pictures I could find.

Base was a corner block of polystyrene out of a packing box.

The bomb was off one of the guys from my model club.

The figures were made up of different kits and A frame just 3 plastic rods.

If you look closely I even managed to put the fuse wires on the detonator.

I built it over 3 nights and am happy with how it has come out.

Hope you guys like it,

Steve C Jnr

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great build Steve, nice amount of detail with plenty going on. I like the weathering / soil on the trench timbers.

I did notice the fuse wire and also I like how you have picked out the wrist watch on the guy in charge of lifting ops.

Well done,

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi steve ,fantastic dio, really unusual. Youve got to feel a bit nervous for the poor guy in the hole, with the bomb hanging over his head,no wonder hes took his hat off!!! cheers tony

D

dubster72

Great work Steve & nice to see something a little different! You've clearly put a lot of work into this & it's paid off, love all the detail & little touches that make it very realistic.

Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is great, i would never thought of doing something like this. Top work Steve.

John

R

Richy C

Great work Steve , I do love your ideas mate you keep coming up with these dio`s that are just that little bit different,

keep up the good work

Richy