Danny`s Phantom

First Name
Dave
Nice one Danny.Need to get one for myself now.Have asked the Mrs to get it for my birthday next month.

A

appy5437

I've got this one on the go, 'mind the gaps' is all I'll say!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I've got this one on the go, 'mind the gaps' is all I'll say!
It's an old Monogram kit reboxed by Revell,so they take a bit more work than the Hasegawa kits.But then they are half the price and still accurate and well detailed.Besides,I've just bought a new tube of squadron green filler and it would be a waste if I didn't need it!.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And a very nice office it is too.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
I'm following your build closely Danny,as this is the kit I'm getting. Good to here the wing to fuselage fit is ok.I love these old ex Monogram kits.They have to be built rather than just assembled.And they are usually accurate and well detailed.Great price this one as well.I would have liked a Tamiya 1/32.But the wife's eldest daughter got married at the weekend.So the credit cards taken a real bashing!.

First Name
Michael
Nice work Danny, some of you guys are really quick out of the blocks with this, I'm still some way off starting mine. M

D

Danny

Ive noticed a slippy residue inside both cans (Burners) waxy or oil like....just something to note..

Probably there to stop people getting their fingers stuck inside, as the first thing i did was pop a finger in them ! :smiling3:

P.S. I see some people are using PE in their builds, remembering Im new back to the hobby and have never worked with PE before..

.do you prime and paint the parts as normal?, or is there something else you do to them?

Danny

Last edited:
First Name
Dave
I degrease them and paint them after Ive fitted them to the model.Except for seat belts,which need painting before attaching to seats.If I can, I get the Eduard pre painted stuff.saves a lot of messing about.A lot of the really tiny parts get chucked in the bin!.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great progress Danny, looks like a Phantom now.

D

Danny

Morning gents...First an apology for the pic quality as my work cameras and lenses are in for their pre wedding season spruce up.

The Phantom, as you can see its starting to take shape. Ive sprayed the initial camo on top and its waiting on a final brush touch up on the demarcation lines between the 3 colours.

I managed to get the gunk or oil or whatever it was off the inside of the burners using alcohol. Now Im making a start on the pay-load.

I have also managed to aquire a free rattle inside the Phantom, cant trace whats fell of inside but it will stay the way it is (Not cutting the canopy off now !)

Im quite pleased with progress and the spray job, so its on and upwards. View attachment 59818View attachment 59819

Regards Danny

View attachment 61566

View attachment 61567

IMG_2736 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2738 (Medium).JPG