Dart Herald 1/72 Marquette ???? Jersey airport Diorama : I hope.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Lovely patient work mate.

Thanks Paul

Actually sitting here one finger typing.

Other hand thumb & finger holding the nose (of aicraft) tight while the cement cures.

Such is life.

Laurie

PS nose held a plus.

D

Deleted member 5496

You try painting it then......you’ll find it’s bigger than you think.

You are right Tim. Half a mile of walking & knackered is bad enough. Problem got to get back another half mile.

Thinks must get one of these motorized scooters. Thinks do they do a pillion model for wives :smiling2:

Thinks no good she, who is Pauline, would not mount my BSA 500CC Shooting Star. Gave it up for 4 kids :smiling6:

Laurie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Why do I get the impression you two are trying to tell me you're past it........Hell, we're all getting old, just got to do a better job of fooling ourselves!! :cool: I'm Kool!:rolling::smiling6:......that last half mile and broke me a sweat.
Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

Why do I get the impression you two are trying to tell me you're past it........Hell, we're all getting old, just got to do a better job of fooling ourselves!! :cool: I'm Kool!:rolling::smiling6:......that last half mile and broke me a sweat.
Rick H.

My Rememberer

My forgetter's getting better
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke.

For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Often times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "who was that?"

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My Rememberer

My forgetter's getting better
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke.

For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Often times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "who was that?"

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.
NOW Laurie that is me down to a T an its very true for me anyway an its me gettin old uhhhhhhggggggg wish i could be 20 again had so much fun then an i could remember all my girlfreinds names now it seems like it was another person an not me Aaaaaagggghhhhh
old chris

D

Deleted member 5496

NOW Laurie that is me down to a T an its very true for me anyway an its me gettin old uhhhhhhggggggg wish i could be 20 again had so much fun then an i could remember all my girlfreinds names now it seems like it was another person an not me Aaaaaagggghhhhh
old chris
Yes Chris (old) some bad things had to give up driving :anguished:
Good thing sold car got money. No insurance no petrol to buy. No seervicing. Buses in Jersey free for OAP :thumb2:
2 daughters one son in the Island & 3 grandsons started driving could this be our luxury taxi service. :smiling2:

Do not have to work for a living so all free time except preparing a few meals a week washing windows & floors.

At 82yrs dentists are not required often as not many teeth left. Still have most of my marbles & both legs work well.
Can only remember one girl friend, the first, Jennifer. She dumped me :tongue-out:

Finally I am happy .

Laurie

PS must post on here something about a Dart Herald. :hungry:

D

Deleted member 5496

Looks like a lot of work Laurie. You seem to be enjoying it though :surprised:
Thanks Tim

Yes Tim love renovation work house, boats & now "the biggest" challenge & lets face it is renovation of a Dart Herald.

Hopefully enjoyment may come after priming. Think I will look out for a thick primer.

Laurie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You seem to have this down to a simple three step system Laurie. Filler.....filler......and more filler!!! You might not need any lead in the nose to get her to set on her "all threes". :thumb2: Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

You seem to have this down to a simple three step system Laurie. Filler.....filler......and more filler!!! You might not need any lead in the nose to get her to set on her "all threes". :thumb2: Rick H.
Wow Rick perceptive as ever. Running out of wet & dry paper.

Laurie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Laurie, unfortunately I was otherwise engaged when you started this so just had a full catch up. As Tim said they could have saved a lot of material , or build some more models with that flash.

Can't fault you determination to beat this, with that in mind the Committee have gone to the unheard of awarding the Dogs Award at this very early stage.

2020DB.jpg

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie, unfortunately I was otherwise engaged when you started this so just had a full catch up. As Tim said they could have saved a lot of material , or build some more models with that flash.

Can't fault you determination to beat this, with that in mind the Committee have gone to the unheard of awarding the Dogs Award at this very early stage.

Thank you John that is very nice of you.

Such an honour I am flabbergasted. So flabbergasted.

Determination John. I live on that a number one virtue. Churchill my greatest Englishman stated courage is the greatest virtue as it gurantees all the others

He was wrong, apologies Winnie, it is Determination that will guarantee all the other virtues that you have. With out it your are lost

Laurie