Dart Herald 1/72 Marquette ???? Jersey airport Diorama : I hope.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

I think you need both courage and determination and they are often mentioned together just like you need two hands to make a clap.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Hmm. courage is a one off determination is a constant. Perhaps we should add resolve as with out that both of the others fade.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Well a little, it is little, bit more.

Struggling cataract one eye virtually blind. The there on the way & using very strong magnifiers is not pleasant.

4th Aug please come soon blind eye gets the treatment.

Laurie

d7DDj3.jpg yKXhnD.jpg Og3kIh.jpg SFaHv4.jpg

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie,
That window was a shocking fit. My hats off to you for licking this in to shape.
Yes not much worse than that is there Paul.
Thanks for your encouragment.

Your perseverance is certainly paying off Laurie well done mate, I would have tested it's flight capabilities long before now !
Thanks Mark. I got the feeling flight into the dustbin.

Thought did pass but it is such an aircraft for the 50/60. So though I would keep it.

Thanks both very kind.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA STICK at it Laurie you are doin great at id forgotton about that goons ying tong song god that rolled back the yrs thanks for posting
chris

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks Chris most welcome.

Pauline used to cut & perform, when young, on Mrs Seacombe's Hair.
Once again fame in our family.

My youngest daughter once met the Queen Mother. Shook hands. Not washed that hand since. :tears-of-joy:

Laurie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That looked like a real battle there Laurie...just muzzle her and tighten the shackles and she'll behave...:smiling2:
I guess when you get your new eye...I mean got it cleaned up you'd see that you've done a good job on the canopy.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

That looked like a real battle there Laurie...just muzzle her and tighten the shackles and she'll behave...:smiling2:
I guess when you get your new eye...I mean got it cleaned up you'd see that you've done a good job on the canopy.

Cheers,
Richard
Certainly had to muzzle my "gob" which otherwise would have been heard across Jersey.

May well be Richard I look at the finished canopy with my old eyes.

Great problems with using, especially, strong magnifiers it is difficult to gauge depth ie the distance you are away from the object.
Hope he is a good surgeon :cool: :nerd:

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Wow. Hats off to you Laurie. Many others (probably me included) wouldn't have bothered. But not you. You've grabbed the kit by the neck and firmly told it, who's in charge at this modelling bench.

D

Deleted member 5496

Wow. Hats off to you Laurie. Many others (probably me included) wouldn't have bothered. But not you. You've grabbed the kit by the neck and firmly told it, who's in charge at this modelling bench.

Thanks Colin very nice of you. Yes when I took it out of the box I had a fit.
It is a central part of the diorama as it was flying in & out of Jersey like a yo yo.
So had by hook or crook to build it.

Not only Jersey airlines. Darn it just found that out as I would have used the Island Livery.

In charge. Just determination hanging on :rolling: Actually not all bad. Last week found my self
enjoying it for just over two minutes.

Laurie

Post note. This will be the last Marquette I will ever make.