Dart Herald just advice on a very restricted making it fractionally dirty.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

The Dart Herald is mainly gloss white upper parts gloss light grey under.

Going to look a bit naked white.

Need to tone it down only a little but retaining it's looks.

Got some ideas but there is nothing like tapping into others which is what this forum is about.

Just to say that the paints are Tamiya with a coat of Alclad Gloss for decals etc finished with an Alclad semi gloss/satin finish
Although they look on the apron from afar pristine close to they are not.

Laurie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Might be worth toning down the varnish to a near Matt finish in the worn areas. That will “age” the paint without changing the basic tone too much. White is not an easy colour to weather realistically so whatever you use will need a very light touch. Better to add three or four very light layers rather than one heavy layer that you will then have to try and remove.

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks Tim very nice idea. Yes gloss white difficult which motivated me to pose the question.

One difficulty is that the raised panel lines are so un-raised it is difficult/impossible to use them to provide some effects.
I did consider removing & providing recessed but a large job when you can use the time on the next model.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Laurie a pic would be nice
chris

Certainly would only wish I had got that far Chris.

Wings on to morrow which will give a bit of info.

But then tomorrow is cataract day & also 60th wedding anniversary. i do beleive poor Dart Herald will have to wait.

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Certainly would only wish I had got that far Chris.

Wings on to morrow which will give a bit of info.

But then tomorrow is cataract day & also 60th . wedding anniversary i do beleive poor Dart Herald will have to wait.

Laurie

HI Laurie so i gather you are havin your eye cataracts removed ? good luck on gettin them done so you can see your beautifull island again an both eyes ?
an CONGRATS on the 60th wedding anniversary hope you have a nice family celebration :thumb2: ps as jen an i will now be soon on the 26th of this month of 40 yrs togeather
chris an jen

D

Deleted member 5496

HI Laurie so i gather you are havin your eye cataracts removed ? good luck on gettin them done so you can see your beautifull island again an both eyes ?
an CONGRATS on the 60th wedding anniversary hope you have a nice family celebration :thumb2: ps as jen an i will now be soon on the 26th of this month of 40 yrs togeather
chris an jen

Yes Chris & having to pay for it. On our Jersey Hospital there is a 2 year delay which would take me to 85. Blind virtually in one eye & the other on the way. Just about get through model making with one eye.

Yes 60 years she has stuck to me. 2 daughter two sons & up to now 4 grandsons. Love a grandaughter especially a curly black haired one as one of our daughter in laws is of West Indian percentage.

Pretty sure the above lot has something up their sleeves for tomorrow. Youngest son lives in Stratford London. Not seen him in the real for near 2 years. His wife had a liung cancer op just before the pandemic & also being black that is all a double risk. Will I see them tomorrow. Doubt it as son just had seconf jab. Tut. But that is life many worse off.

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Laurie we hope things go ok on your op an you recover your sight as blindness is worst than my partial deafness as i wear hearing aids but its managable an i hope you all have a nice celebrartion when you can
chris an jen

D

Deleted member 5496

WELL Laurie we hope things go ok on your op an you recover your sight as blindness is worst than my partial deafness as i wear hearing aids but its managable an i hope you all have a nice celebrartion when you can
chris an jen
Thanks Chris will dully report back. After recovery period in both scenarios :smiling: