Das Boot.

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks for the help and advice fellas i can certainly try to scratch build the base and maybe ican put the cmk crane on the top of the structure!

Jon: the figures looks great can you tell me which company makes them and where you find it ! Thanks in advance

I also found from verlinden a gentry crane but it’s for a tank repair however seems like the distance between would fit on the pier but again the wheels would be a problem here it is ! 8F9E7B0D-4170-4C7B-807A-6C0C46A57D8F.jpeg

I guess scratch build is the only option! Also found this its a german electric crane for harbours ! E1B870DF-6848-42BB-998E-A461888C689F.jpeg

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Hi Danny.
those figures are from a set by Andrea and are still available through Historex agents.They are 54mm scale though.
Jon.

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi Jon thanks for the info but unfortunately I cant find it is by any chance can you give me a link please . thanks Danny

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The only ones I found online were thousands of $. Langely Miniatures in UK ? may be of some help in 1/48, as they do a lot of nautical. PaulE

D

Daniel Horvath

Gary Thanks for the link appreciate it . Also big thank you Paul for your assistance . You guys are super kind ! The search goes on , thank god I only do this next year so it gives me time to collect what I need ! Best regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening everybody I have an idea so I have been searching all day about the cranes so i took your advice Paul and looking at smaller scales but big structures! So I found this .. the distance seems ok for the rails! I will not use the crane just the base structure and on top i will put the cmk crane which is the correct size 1/35 so I think I give it a go it might work the kit is £10 so if dosent work I don’t loose to much! Like to thank you for all of you for your assistance and help best regards Danny F920FC5C-1070-47EC-92E9-1572BCA73B13.jpeg6F5E33F7-11DC-43FD-BBC9-1656F1684773.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Ah and Jon and Gary thanks for the help with the figures I like them but its not cheap £19 for a figure its a little bit painful I guess! Will see maybe slowly one by one! Cheers Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Miguel and Snowman thanks fellas! Miguel unfortunately you have to wait for a while, sorry! Regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening everybody! Today the decals have arrived from accurate Armour so now the kit is complete! So here it is...8F2B998B-FC39-441C-97F7-E574079054B2.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

I have also received the crane but unfortunately is a no go! The distance between legs are to small its 7.8cm and i need at least 9cm for the inside track and 10.5 cm for the outside! So back to square one with the crane subject! I was really hoping it would work but again my luck! Anyway I don’t give up !the search goes on , i probably need 1/72 or 1/48 kit! Shame really that no company makes big cranes on rails! If the search fails then no other option but scratch build! Thanks fellas regards Danny

M

miguel.roman

Maybe you could adapt the crane legs with some putty or green stuff? Green stuff is for me the solution to everything hahaha

P.S. my bad, just saw the crane design, i though ot was the one that was posted some post ago.

P.S2 maybe you could use the verliden tank reparation crane as base as it fit on the rails and just add on top the crane that you wanted, only needing some adaptation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daniel Horvath

Good afternoon to you all! The collection of the required items has began! The first 2 kit has arrived! Also contacted U-models because I went on there website and it seems unfinished not much to see on it ! So they were kindly have sent me a catalogue and a price list of there products! So I tought i share with you guys you might need something from them in the future! Regards Danny

Attachments

• News U-models 2013 5 May .pdf
    523.6 KB · Views: 16
  • News U-models 2014 01 January.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • News U-models 2014 7 July.pdf
    490.5 KB · Views: 4
  • News U-models 2014 10 October.pdf
    607.5 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2015 02 Febuary.pdf
    916.2 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2015 9 July.pdf
    770.5 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2015 9 September.pdf
    629.1 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2015 10 october.pdf
    816.9 KB · Views: 6
  • News U-models 2015 11 November.pdf
    857.7 KB · Views: 4
  • News U-models 2016 1 June .pdf
    709.2 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2016 10 october.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • News U-models 2016 12 December.pdf
    720.8 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2017 7 July.pdf
    810 KB · Views: 3
  • News U-models 2018 8 August .pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
D

Daniel Horvath

So that is the catalogue I hope it helps fellas the only page that the site doesn’t allowed me to upload is the price list so if you guys need message me PM and I send it over maybe in an email!